Parish Secretary/Office Manager
- Answers and screens all incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate departments/personnel when available and taking complete and accurate messages as needed followed by distributing them to the proper person immediately.
- Manages the church’s calendar to incorporate all religious holidays, pastor’s duties, appointments with the ministry leaders, and events on-site at the church.
- Publishes the church weekly bulletin with all required and requested information and events.
- Assists with updates to the church website (church’s weekly sermons, bulletins, and events), as well as posts to social media.
- Regularly Interacts with sister parishes in the Diocese of Worcester and New England with shared administrative tasks. May also have limited interaction with the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese headquarters.
- Opens mail daily, prepares deposit slips and delivers check and cash deposits to the bank.
- Together with the Treasurer, and using Power Church, the accounting software used by St. George, the Office Manager maintains accurate records of all donations received. This includes understanding when a receipt should be recorded as a pledge vs being recorded as a different type of donation intended for a different purpose.
- Maintains the parishioner records in Power Church. This includes responsibility for maintaining accurate and up to date contact information for all parishioners and accurate pledge history and donations history for all parishioners.
- Provides reports from the Contributions Database to Stewardship Committee and Parish Treasurer when requested.
- Oversees church staff personnel files and maintains confidentiality on all information contained therein.
- Manages office supplies, keeps track of inventory, and makes purchases.
- Communicate and coordinate meetings, presentations, events between the church, staff and parish volunteers.
- Works alongside Pastor and other priests assigned to the parish to fulfill the objectives and tasks set forth from the Pastor, priests and/or church leadership.
- Process bi-weekly payroll (Perform all payroll responsibilities)
- Reproduce and mail the Annual Parish Meeting Documentation packets within the specified time frame.
- Responds to all mail & email correspondences.
- Maintains an orderly and clean office and filing system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Experience using mass email programs such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Skillful with technology to manage and update content for the church’s social media accounts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet weekly deadlines.
- Exhibit a self-starter mentality with attention to detail
- Respect and appreciate the church’s mission and message.
- Display a courteous demeanor and be tactful with parishioners, especially in times of grief and crises in their lives
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues
- Collaborate with a wide range of individuals, ability to partner with clergy, staff, and parishioners
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree recommended.
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Working knowledge of the Arabic language is a bonus but not a prerequisite.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet regular weekly duties.
Contact Information: Please send all inquiries and resumes to email@example.com Please do not call or contact the church, we kindly ask all inquiries be routed to the email address listed.