OYM, the official youth and young adult ministry of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America, exists to equip and support clergy, parents, and ministry workers to meet the needs of young people so that they can know Jesus Christ and be empowered with a faith that makes a difference. OYM fulfills this calling by providing resources, trainings, retreats, and events, and offering support to parishes, jurisdictions, and regions. Approximately 60% of youth from Christian homes do not stay in the Church once they become adults. OYM seeks to be part of the solution to this problem by helping young people encounter Christ, embody the Church, and engage the world. OYM equips and supports clergy, parents, and ministry workers to bring young people into an ever-deepening sense of who they are in Christ, where they belong in the Church, and how to live in the world around them. OYM offers events and resources that transform the way youth, young adults, and parents see their relationship with Christ.
OYM is seeking a passionate and skilled Communications Officer to join our team and play a key role in advancing our mission. The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of the Orthodox Christian Faith, its principles and values, coupled with strong communication and marketing expertise. A remote position, the Communications Officer will report directly to the President on the development and implementation of communication strategies that effectively engage, inform, and inspire our target audiences.
- Content and Distribution:
- Create and enhance communication channels (email lists, social media presence, synergy with Comms teams of Assembly Jurisdictions)
- Develop and distribute compelling and relevant content in concert with OYM creative team for various communication channels, including social media, newsletters, website, promotional materials, and multimedia content ( videos, graphics, and podcasts) to enhance engagement and convey key messages.
- Social Media Management:
- Supervise content on social media platforms to build and maintain an active and engaged online community.
- Monitor trends and conversations to identify opportunities for outreach and engagement.
- Public Relations:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Assembly Jurisdictions, media outlets, influencers, and other stakeholders to enhance the organization's visibility.
- Prepare and distribute press releases and media kits as needed.
- Website Management:
- Ensure the organization's website is up-to-date, visually appealing, and user-friendly.
- Regularly update content and implement SEO strategies to enhance online visibility.
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry:
- Supervise the development and implementation of marketing campaigns to increase attendance and participation in accordance with OYM programmatic goals.
- Work with the fundraising team to integrate communication plans into overall fundraising strategies.
- Develop compelling narratives and case statements for fundraising appeals.
- Utilize communication channels to promote fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Engage with donors through various communication platforms, expressing gratitude and sharing impact stories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Strong commitment to the Orthodox Christian Faith.
- Proven experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in social media management and content creation tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with youth and young adults and Orthodox ministry is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com