Youth Ministry Director
About St. Mary's
Our mission is to proclaim, celebrate, and share the Good News of salvation in
Jesus Christ, in accordance with the Orthodox Tradition. We are a faithful and
vibrant community with a legacy of being in Minneapolis for over 120 years.
About the Role
The Youth Ministry Director will report directly to the Head Priest and demonstrate
a passion for connecting young people to Christ and His church. This person will
design and lead the St. Mary’s youth ministry program for grades K-12th, to help
our young people grow spiritually and relationally. This includes religious and
The ability to effectively lead and engage St. Mary’s youth, and the volunteer leaders for each youth ministry group. This includes managing recruitment, training, and supervision of youth ministry volunteers.
Plans and facilitates all activities including meetings, outings, retreats, and service projects, for the following youth groups:
- HOPE, grades Kindergarten-2
- JOY, grades 3-5
- Junior GOYA, grades 6-8
- Senior GOYA grades 9-12
- Transition to OCF
Facilitates periodic parent meetings to inform and foster good communication with parents, and to receive their feedback. Also works with St. Mary’s office staff to maintain the youth calendar, youth webpage, Instagram accounts, and youth groups on Realm (Church Management System) to communicate with the youth, and their families, about upcoming activities.
A critical member of the camp task force which plans and coordinates all activities for Summer Camp, Family Camp, and Winter Camp.
Works actively to develop strong relationships with St. Mary’s youth, their families, and the volunteers.
Team player who works collaboratively with St. Mary’s clergy, office staff, ministry leads, volunteers and parents, to create a safe, positive, and supportive environment for youth. This role also collaborates with other Orthodox youth workers in the Minneapolis Vicariate, Chicago Metropolis, and MEOCCA.
Oversee, together with ministry staff, the annual youth budget and dedicated accounts approved annually by the Parish Assembly.
Ensures all volunteers working with St. Mary’s youth have completed the Youth Protection training and background checks, as required by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
Athletics and Ethnic Dance
Oversee St. Mary’s participation in the Chicago Metropolis Junior Olympics and the Metropolis Basketball Tournament.
Other duties as assigned
- A practicing Orthodox Christian who maintains a love for Christ and His Church, and who serves as an excellent role model in keeping with moral teachings of the Church.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Approachable personality with the interpersonal skills to effectively work with people of all ages.
- Previous youth ministry work experience (paid position or volunteer experience).
- Ability to handle and manage confidential information.
- General knowledge and willingness to learn necessary technologies including but not limited to: Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Realm – Church Management Software, and social media, WordPress, among others.
Contact Us to Apply
Please send your resume to: FrTim@stmarysgoc.org.