Youth and Young Adult Director
The Youth and Young Adult Director, who may be either male or female, will be accountable to the priest as the supervisor of ministry and the Parish Council as the employer. The priest will work hand in hand with this candidate as needed. Payment will be comparable with other similar positions and based on the number of hours, activities, and the results produced.
- Must be a faithful, church-going Orthodox Christian
- Must have a strong desire to work with youth, young adults, and youth workers
- Must have experience and the desire to create age-appropriate lessons and lead discussions
- Should attend most GOYA meetings twice monthly
- Must coordinate, lead, and prepare for monthly JOY meetings
- Must work with local clergy to coordinate and lead bimonthly young adult meetings
- Should coordinate with Sunday School leaders with regard to outside youth activities
- Should promote parish and regional activities for youth and young adults such as events sponsored by the CEOC and the Metropolis of Boston Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- This position requires a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of eight (8) hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a resume highlighting past youth experience to Father Christopher Stamas: firstname.lastname@example.org.