Ideal candidates must be able to develop professional working relationships with students and staff. Applicants must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Strong organizational skills and time management skills are also expected and necessary.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing a safe learning environment with effective classroom management that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential while ensuring their emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social growth.
All candidates will be expected to:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning and engage students in the educational process;
- Prepare and lead classroom activities;
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and communication with parents;
- Manage classroom procedures and student behavior;
- Successfully pass background checks and complete necessary prevention trainings;
- Comply with all policies and regulations outlined in the SMCA Employee Handbook.
The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree** in a relevant field
- A passion for working with children in a nurturing Christian environment
- The ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with colleagues and families
- The ability and flexibility to be able to balance multiple sets of educational goals
All positions are for the 2022-2023 academic school year, with the potential to be renewed annually. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
**TEACHING FELLOWSHIPS: SMCA invites and welcomes applicants who are currently in the process of completing their undergraduate training and who otherwise meet all necessary requirements for the position. Teaching Fellows are compensated generously based on calculated teaching time, and may assist in or lead their own classroom, depending on experience and abilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour