Summer Photography & Media Intern
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and photography samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: CrossRoad Summer Program
Reports to: CrossRoad Summer Program Director; CrossRoad Director of Communications
CrossRoad Institute Inc. (CRI) is a small, dynamic team dedicated to fulfilling its mission to train, educate, and inspire the next generation of leaders for the Orthodox Church. One of CRI’s core programs is the CrossRoad Summer Institute, a ten-day academic experience for Orthodox Christian students who have just finished their junior or senior year in high school which is now going into its twentieth season. The summer program has four sessions in 2023: two in the Boston area at Hellenic College (June 9–19 and June 23–July 3), one in the San Francisco area at Dominican University of California (July 5–July 15), and one in Chicago at North Park University (July 22–August 1).
CrossRoad Institute Inc. seeks to hire a photography/media intern for the following CrossRoad 2023 summer sessions:
- Session 1 (June 9–19 in Boston)
- Arrival date: June 7
- End date: June 20
- Session 2 (June 23–July 3 in Boston)
- Arrival date: June 21
- End date: July 5
A photographer may be hired for more than one session if available; exact start and end dates for each photographer will be determined in conjunction with CrossRoad leadership.
- Before a session, the intern will coordinate with CrossRoad leadership to discuss photography needs, goals and objectives as they align with CRI’s marketing and communication goals. The intern will upload photos to the CrossRoad Flickr account daily.
- During a session, the intern will serve as the main photographer and will help coordinate digital media content for the program, capturing the program through various media channels and disseminating to our followers and outside constituents. Through this position, the intern will gain experience in project management, media and advertising, and will gain first-hand experience as to the inner workings of a vibrant ministry in the Orthodox Church.
- After a session, the intern will finish editing and posting pictures to our Flickr account and will meet with CrossRoad leadership to reflect on the event and the intern experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Meet with supervisors via Zoom, meeting before and after the role start and end dates (dates and times to be determined based on availability of all parties, not to exceed a total of 4 hours of meeting time) to go over role expectations and onboarding materials
- Take photos throughout each day of a session
- Organize and edit photos for upload to the CrossRoad Flickr account daily
- Capture and coordinate posts for digital media (Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, and LinkedIn) in accordance with a social media plan as organized with the Director of Communications
- Assist the videographer with any additional media efforts
- Align photography with the vision of the CrossRoad Director of Communications
- Adhere to and enforce all CrossRoad program policies
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organizational skills (including computer file organization)
- Excellent photo editing skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good rapport with youth and young adults
- Team-oriented approach to program planning and implementation
- Flexibility and adaptability in planning and carrying out plans
- Ability to produce and manage task list
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission and vision of the CrossRoad Institute
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong competency in using a camera and coordinating media/technology
- Strong competency in and former experience using Photoshop (or similar software) is preferred
- Experience using major social media platforms for marketing or event promotion is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Photo/file management and uploading
Travel & Time Commitment
- Meeting before and after role start and end dates via Zoom (dates and times to be determined based on availability of all parties, not to exceed a total of 4 hours of meeting time)
- Approximately 40 hours per week
- Flexibility required when 40 hours per week take place during the CrossRoad sessions
- Break times and rest periods during the retreat to be determined with the CrossRoad leadership.
- If hired for more than one consecutive session, the interns are required to remain with the team in the designated city before, during, and in between sessions.
- Interns are responsible for travel to and from their internship.
- If the intern participates in two consecutive sessions in different locations (e.g. Session 2 in Boston and then Session 3 in San Francisco), CrossRoad will cover the travel between those sessions.
- $1250 for each session
- Housing provided from start date through end date at designated session locations
- Meals provided during sessions
- Snacks and drinks available throughout sessions
955 Massachusetts Ave Unit 406Cambridge, MA 02139
Posted on: April 21, 2023