The Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, is an Archdiocese of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East. We trace our roots to first century Antioch, the city which the disciples of Jesus Christ were first called Christians. (Acts 11:26)
Sometimes called the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Orthodox Church is the first Christian Church, the Church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ and described in the pages of the New Testament. Her history can be traced in unbroken continuity all the way back to Christ and His Twelve Apostles. For twenty centuries, she has continue her undiminished and unaltered faith and practice. Today, her apostolic doctrine, worship and structure remain intact. The Orthodox Church maintains that the Church is the living Body of Jesus Christ.
The Church of Antioch was established by the Apostles Paul and Barnabas in 42 A. D. with St. Peter serving for the next eight years as its first prelate. The Church of Antioch is one of the five ancient Patriarchates of the Christian Church, along with Alexandria, Constantinople, Jerusalem, and Rome. We are in full communion with our brothers and sisters in other Eastern Orthodox Christian Jurisdictions, such as the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Orthodox Church in America. The Archdiocese refers to its parishes and organizations as "Antiochian," but not as Greek, Russian, Romanian, and so forth, because these names refer to other jurisdictions.
Together, we work to nurture the Orthodox Christians of this land- whether immigrants or native-born, cradle Orthodox, or converts - and to bring North America to the ancient Orthodox Christian Faith.
Our Archdiocese spans the United States and Canada. Much of the work of our Archdiocese is accomplished by dedicated bishops, clergy, ministry staff and volunteers laboring in a wide range of departments and organizations seeing to the needs of our communities.
The Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America is located in Englewood, NJ is seeking a Full-Time Senior Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed assets and restricted accounts, to bank and investment account reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
Successful candidates will have prior experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, you will provide accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our organization while ensuring we are compliant with all basic non-profit and tax regulations.
All duties of this position will take place at our 358 Mountain Road Englewood, NJ location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Auditing financial documents and procedures for accuracy and completeness
- Reconciling bank and investment statements
- Preparing monthly and annual financial reports
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Preparing annual budgets
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivables
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Prepare annual property tax exemption reports
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with all financial policies and regulations
- Handle all monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
Requirements and Skills:
- Prior work experience as a Senior Accountant
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software such a QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP's and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Additional Certifications (CPA or CMA) is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Benefit Package
All interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org