The Parish of St. Gregory the Theologian seeks an individual who can support the Parish’s mission and values through being a dependable presence to greet parishioners and other visitors, both in-person and by phone, email, and other communication means, relay messages, and support the Pastor with assistance in scheduling pastoral appointments as well as ad-hoc tasks as necessary.
- Record and track all income to the parish through various software systems.
- Receive and queue bill and payroll payments.
- Conduct in-person banking activities such as making deposits and other transactions.
- Organize and maintain records, both financial and other.
- Maintain the general parish calendar as well as the schedule of upcoming sacramental events.
- Prepare mass and discrete mailings, both electronic and postal, such as Stewardship communications, donation opportunities, acknowledgements, general information, correspondence with the Metropolis, and others.
- Prepare items, such as bulletins, newsletters, and others, for distribution by cutting, copying, laminating, stapling, etc. as necessary.
- Retrieve, sort, and disposition mail from the external Post Office box.
- Track and maintain inventory of both office and other church consumable items such as office supplies, candles, flowers, and others.
- Keep office tidy.
- Must exhibit the utmost discretion in dealing with parishioner calls, appointments, and financial matters.
- Must have experience in working with financial software or systems, such as MS Excel, Quickbooks, or others, or general background in small business accounting and experience with PC applications.
- Must have a pleasant and welcoming communication style, both oral and written.
- Specific hours can be determined between successful candidate and Pastor, but should be kept as consistent as possible.
- The Secretarial Bookkeeper takes assignments from--and reports to--the Parish Pastor and Parish Council President.
Saint Gregory the Theologian Greek Orthodox Church
1007 West StreetMansfield, MA 02048
Posted on: May 08, 2023