We are currently seeking a full-time Pastoral Assistant for St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in Tampa, FL.
- Must be able to chant in English with some degree of competence.
- Must have an M.Div. from an Orthodox seminary.
Applicant need not be from the GOA.
Looking for a minimum two-year commitment.
- Working with youth (Sunday school, GOYA, HOPE, JOY)
- Interfacing with ministry leaders
- Logistical support
- Teaching an adult catechism class
- Chanting services and sacraments
- Pastoral care
- Some administrative work
St. John the Baptist is a very active parish of 400+ families. The Pastoral Assistant will assist the Parish Priest in many ministries, and will take the lead in others.
Applications can be sent directly to Fr. Stavros Akrotirianakis, the parish priest, at email@example.com. Any questions can also be addressed to Fr. Stavros at 813-394-1038. We are willing to wait for someone to graduate in spring 2023 and begin the position in June 2023, or we can fill sooner.
St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church
2418 W. Swann AvenueTampa, FL 33609
Posted on: January 12, 2023