In an effort to better serve the needs of our faithful we have continued to offer the position of “Pastoral Assistant.” The individual filling this position shall be a layperson who is preferably a graduate of our Holy Cross Seminary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(Including but not limited to):
- Above all, to assist the Clergy in the overall parish ministry and pastoral work under the direction of the Clergy.
- To be present at all worship services, (i.e. Orthros, Liturgy, Paraklesis, Vespers, Compline etc. so as to coordinate Altar Boys, Handmaidens, Chanters, Choir, Parish Council, Readers) assist the Clergy; and to be present for Sacraments and Wedding rehearsals.
- To oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of the Sanctuary, including Altar, Narthex, Nave and all adjacent and adjoining rooms.
- To be responsible for opening and set-up of Cathedral and Metropolis Chapel as directed by Clergy or Parish Administrator.
- To be responsible for opening building and classrooms for the Greek School and Sunday Catechetical School.
- To assist and report to the Clergy regarding Liturgical Services and Sacraments.
- To personally take advantage of the opportunities available through our Church/School staff to enhance Liturgical chanting and the speaking of the Greek language.
- To work with the Clergy for parish Catechetical programs and educational activities:
- Bible Studies
- Convert Classes
- Church Tours
- Hospital / Nursing Home / Shut-in visits
- ARK program encompassing Wednesday “NITE” Life
- Any other religious program that the Clergy deem appropriate.
- To teach religion in the Annunciation Day School
- Prepare lesson plans based on previous curriculum for Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- Teach said lesson plans to students from Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- To prepare the Weekly Worship guide “The Messenger” in order to ready for publication and posting.
- To prepare daily reflections in order to be emailed to all parishioners.
- To contribute to the preparation of the weekly bulletins; the monthly newsletters; and other published materials.
- To assist the Clergy in the overall Altar Boy and Handmaiden Programs including scheduling of meetings and field trips.
- To work under the direction of the Clergy, to work with the Sunday Catechetical School Coordinator in administering our Sunday Catechetical School and related programs (i.e. St. John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival, Communion Breakfast, Godparent Sunday, Christmas Pageant, Epistle Readers, Heretismi Readers, Holy Week Readers, etc.)
- To meet the requirements of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America’s Youth Protection Program, submitting to a lawful criminal background check, drug testing, and/or fingerprinting upon request of the Parish Council.
- To work with advisors, and volunteers who will help provide leadership for the younger youth groups under the direction of the Clergy.
- To coordinate our H.O.P.E. Program under the direction of the Clergy.
- To coordinate our J.O.Y. Program under the direction of the Clergy
- To assist the Clergy in the overall G.O.Y.A. Program, but to specifically take care of field trips (i.e. Winter Youth Rally, Advent and Lenten Retreats, St. Stephens Summer Camp, Six Flags, other outings, etc.)
- To work with Youth Adult Leaders to plan, under the direction of the clergy, to coordinate all activities and events as well as attend all Young Adult meetings and events.
- To provide ongoing information on schedules and deadlines of recreational programs to parents and parish in general. Coordinate bulletin board calendar for youth/recreational activities.
- To assist the Clergy in the:
- Youth Choir/Byzantine Choir
- Dance Ministry
- Athletic programs
All applicants who are interested can send their resumes to Fr. Christos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation
2500 Clairmont Rd. NEAtlanta, GA 30329
Posted on: February 21, 2023