Math and Science Teacher
St. Sava Academy is a dual language Pre-K through Grade 8 parochial school of the Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of Chicago, IL, located near O’Hare Airport. We offer a family-like atmosphere, small class sizes, and teaching within an Orthodox Christian environment. We just celebrated our 20th anniversary of our founding and we currently have 166 students attending.
We have the following teaching opportunity available for the 2023-2024 Academic Year:
- Grade 4 and 5 Homeroom teacher of Math and Science Subjects (4, 5, 7 and 8 Math and Science Teacher).
According to our dual language model, one-half of the day will be instructing Grade 4 and 5 and the other half Grade 7 and 8.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: being dedicated to the emotional, academic, and social growth of students with engaging instruction by preparing lesson plans and units and using data to drive instruction; Providing a safe learning environment with effective classroom management, maintaining a collaborative relationship with parents and colleagues.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A passion for working with children in a nurturing Orthodox Christian environment
- The ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with colleagues and families
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Elementary Education, or equivalent education
- State of Illinois Teaching Certificate preferred.
Candidates, to whom a conditional offer of employment is made, will be required to undergo a background check and must have necessary work permission/documentation proving they are permitted to be gainfully employed in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) (not matched)
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 7th grade
- 8th grade
- Middle school
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Private school
- Religious school
Work Location: In person