Our Church welcomes all. You do not need to be Greek Orthodox to join us.
Apply at: email@example.com
Parish Maintenance Person / Groundskeeper Responsibilities
Flexible Hours: Will vary as necessary
Weekly Janitorial Requirements
- Sweep/mop/vacuum all floors of the church
- Wipe down all high-traffic surfaces
- Ensure the Hall is ready Sunday mornings for Church school & Coffee hour
- Maintain the church exterior.
- Anything else required by the supervisor.
- Basic maintenance of the landscaping and snow blowing equipment.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, dry walling, painting, and pest control.
- Organize storage areas in the church and in the shed.
- Be a source of knowledge to where things are kept.
- Deep clean the kitchen before and after large events and bake sales.
- Help setup and teardown for parish Greek Festival.
- Decorate for holidays: Christmas, Palm Sunday, Easter, etc.
Seasonal Groundskeeper Requirements
- Mow the lawn on the regular basis.
- Cut back tree or shrub overgrowth.
- Trim lawn edges.
- Snowplow asphalt surfaces when necessary.
- Snow blow cement surfaces when necessary.
- Snow removal must be done before any church services and hall events.
Hall Rental Coverage
- Set up hall for rentals.
- Watch the hall during events – usually on weekends.
- Clean up after rentals and prepare hall for next usage, especially before Sunday services.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and be able to take a project from start to finish.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
1400 O'PlaineLibertyville, IL 60048
Posted on: March 16, 2023