Elementary School Teachers
As a teacher at Three Hierarchs Academy, we expect that our teachers will cultivate an environment that makes learning enjoyable by challenging young minds and engaging students in the learning process. It is the teacher's duty to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages all students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The teacher will encourage real-life application of curriculum within the teachings of the Orthodox Faith.
As a teacher at Three Hierarchs Academy, we expect that our teachers will cultivate an environment that makes learning enjoyable by challenging young minds and engaging students in the learning process. As a teacher, encouraging the real-life application of curriculum within the teachings of the Orthodox faith with be visible. The teacher is responsible for maintaining a high standard and quality educational environment and creating a program that meets the intellectual and emotional needs of all students while supporting Orthodox teachings.
Directly Reports To: Principal
Preferred Educational Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field preferred
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Bi-lingual in Greek and English preferred
Required Job Skills, Description, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and time management skills, including punctuality.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning, integrity, and professionalism
- Demonstrates interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to work as a team player with 3HA Board and staff.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to school operations.
- Ability to deal effectively with a broad range of members of the public, including parents.
- Self-directed, as well as task and goal-oriented.
- Produces, utilizes, and maintains student records that relate to student achievement, attendance, and discipline
- Have an understanding of Project Based Learning
- Provides a positive and safe environment that is conducive to learning
- Takes an active role in establishing and supporting school goals
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible
- Utilizes approved textbooks and curriculum guides in instructional planning and implementation
- Incorporates higher level thinking strategies and real-life applications into lesson planning
- Creates instructional and assessment materials that align with learning objectives and methods of instruction
- Continuously and accurately collects student achievement data using a variety of tools (e.g., tests, projects, demonstrations, checklists). Utilizes this information to make instructional and management decisions that will positively impact student achievement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational, and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school and be prepared to learn.
- Instruct and monitor students by delivering engaging lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in the class.
- Create, maintain, and utilizes a classroom management plan with clearly established guidelines and routines
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures within the framework of the Disciplinary Policy
- Report major disciplinary issues to the principal as defined in the Disciplinary Policy
- Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head off any problems
- Keep accurate records of assessments and grades
- Communicate with parents, as established in the School Policy
- Prepare and maintain an orderly classroom with engaging class activities.
- Staff meetings, holiday concerts and rehearsals, lesson planning, professional development, and any additional activities as scheduled by the principal and/or school board may require working outside of school hours including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrates knowledge of the related subject matter, instructional strategies, and resource materials
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional techniques.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with teachers, administrators, parents, and students to support academic planning
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator
- Demonstrates organizational skills, energy, patience, love, creativity, capability, and able to multitask
- Adheres to established federal and state laws, board policies and regulations, and district procedures; supports the mission statement of the district and school.
- Good judgment and an analytical mind
Three Hierarchs Academy School
9772 N. Diffin RoadFlorence, AZ 85132
Posted on: April 24, 2023