CrossRoad Summer Institute Staff
Our mission is to inspire and fuel young people to embrace the Orthodox Christian faith and lead lives of transformative purpose in Christ. We provide education, programming, and experiences so that our Orthodox Christian parishes may be overflowing with young people who humbly and boldly love God and their neighbor for the life of the world. For summer 2024, staff serve on ONE of two teams:
- At Hellenic College Holy Cross: June 4 to July 3, 2024 (Team Cross)
- At our CA and IL locations: Dominican University of California and North Park University in Chicago: June 13 to July 19, 2024 (Team Road).
The internship also includes required staff training from January through May.
- In-person January Staff Retreat at Saint Methodius Faith and Heritage Center, January 8-12, 2024.
- Up to 12 two-hour meetings, most likely in the time range of 7:00-9:00 PM EST, from January-April.
- In-person May training in Boston (May 21- May 25, 2024 Location TBD)
Education required (by May 2024)
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university
- Rising college seniors may apply and will be required to provide transcripts and participate in an additional interview. An additional formal reference letter will be required from a parish priest.
- At least one semester of formal Orthodox Christian theological training/education (looking for a full Spring semester experience? apply to HCHC Certificate in Youth Ministry and Leadership or Graduate Semester of Faith!)
- Experience working with high school youth
- Experience working with youth in an Orthodox Christian setting (organizations such as GOYA, SOYO, OCF, Sunday School, Children’s Choir, parochial school, summer camp, etc.)
During the summer sessions, staff will live in the dorm with the participants, serving as leader/mentor figures by running program activities, sessions, discussions, evening devotionals, etc. Follow-up program evaluation and reflection (meeting & written reflection) after the program is also expected.