- Schedule, coordinate, lead and chant the hymns during the Divine Liturgy, Orthros, and other services as needed.
- Prepare and rehearse for the services in advance.
- Maintain knowledge of hymns and liturgical music for all services.
- Coordinate with the clergy to ensure that the music complements the liturgical readings and prayers.
- Help train and direct the volunteer choir, if applicable.
- Assist with the preparation and setup of the altar and sacred vessels for the services.
- Work with the parish council and other volunteers to maintain the liturgical music library and purchase necessary music materials.
- Fluency in Byzantine Musical Notation and Western Musical Notation with proficiency in both Greek and English Languages.
- Knowledge of the hymnology and liturgical music of the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Experience in chanting and leading worship services.
- A commitment to ongoing education and improvement in liturgical music and hymnology.
- A dedication to the Orthodox faith and the liturgical life of the Church.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the clergy and other volunteers.
- Compensation will be determined based on experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the worship life of our parish and help deepen the faith of our community.
Interested candidates should contact us at email@example.com.