Saint Sava Academy, a dual-language academy in an Orthodox-Christian learning environment, seeks qualified applicants for the position of PRINCIPAL beginning July 1, 2022.
The school has an enrollment of 125+ students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6, with approximately 20 faculty /staff members. Saint Sava Academy provides a dual-language education in an Orthodox-Christian learning environment. Principal candidates are expected to provide the leadership and management necessary to administer and supervise all programs, policies and activities of the school to ensure high quality educational experiences and services for the students in a safe and enriching environment. Principal candidates must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and work well with various constituencies. They must also value the significance of their personal example at school, parish, and community events. Bilingual skills in Serbian language preferred but not required.
- Developing and administering the general school routine and coordinate all activities within the school building. • Oversee management of school records, tuition matters, and resources as necessary.
- Upholding State Law, contract and school policies. Working to lead the Illinois State Board of Education State Recognition and Renewal process.
- Organizing school operations by maintaining a safe and orderly environment. Maintains facility and is responsible for safe food handling and distribution.
- Works with and engages staff in shared vision for effective teaching and learning by implementing a standards-based curriculum, relevant to student needs and interests, researchbased effective practice, academic rigor, and high expectations for student learning in every classroom.
- Develops, implements and monitors outcomes of school initiatives.
- Manages personnel and leads a culture of high aspirations and achievement for every student. The successful candidate must meet the following criteria: The principal shall have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with or working toward a General Administrative Endorsement.
A Master’s in Educational Leadership or Administration is preferred. A college degree is required. The principal must be of good character and integrity. The principal shall have the experience and skills to work effectively with the staff, Board of Trustees, students, parents, church and community.
The principal will have a minimum of five years teaching experience, some administrative experience within the school system and demonstrate a commitment to continued growth in Orthodox Christian education.
Required: Candidate will be responsible to the Board of Trustees. Compensation and benefits will be determined by the Contract Agreement negotiated between the applicant and by the financial officer to the Academy. Two written references should be enclosed. Please provide emails and telephone numbers of the person giving the reference.
Position starts July 01, 2022 Application Process: Please send a resume and two written references to email@example.com Background check will be conducted.