Part-time Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative and Facilities Support (80%)
- Receive and assist visitors and guests
- Assist staff and committee chairs with meeting preparation, including emails, copying, printing, mailings, etc.
- Process and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain organization of office supplies inventory and ordering, including postage stamps, envelopes, brochures & pamphlets, printer toner, etc.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for mass mailings, light repairs, and special projects
- Prepare and mail to parish community: newsletters, quarterly statements, yearly calendar, pledge cards, priest’s annual Christmas & Pascha letter, election, and other notices, etc.
- Transport bulk mailings to BMEU in Eagan; maintain bulk mailing account, including annual permit fee
- Assist with the registry and logistics: transcripts, letters of standing, baptism, marriage, and funeral paperwork
- Answer incoming calls with courtesy and professionalism; ask who is calling and from what organization.
- Communicate phone messages
- Make calls on behalf of the priest, parish council president or others as necessary
- Screen sales/solicitation calls
- Keep paper files/documentation organized Building, Vendor, PC Minutes, General Assembly Minutes, Stewardship, etc.
- Organize and ensure confidentiality of secured documents
- Keep member electronic records up to date, including address, phone, email, sacraments, ministries, and committees
- Produce membership reports for committee chairs
- Open and close the building and office; inspect and secure premises
- Report maintenance/repair issues to Buildings and Grounds Chairperson
- Facilitate scheduling of hall and conference room for meetings
- Contact, schedule, and receive repairs and deliveries
- Maintain accurate and updated records of keys and keycode assignments; distribute and collect keys; update keypad code at parking lot entrance periodically
- Coordinate cleaning service
- Maintain thermostats at the appropriate temperature during heating and cooling seasons
Calendar & Coordination (10%)
- Maintain Google calendar for all church-related activities
- Schedule outside events and prepare/process rental agreements
- Communicate with kitchen manager and fellowship coordinator to facilitate the use of kitchen
- Maintain digital bulletin board
- Maintain literature rack in exo-narthex/foyer
- On a weekly basis, produce a draft Sunday bulletin for the priest to edit; print and add inserts as directed; upload online.
- On a bi-monthly basis, produce Glad Tidings newsletter – solicit content, edit, proofread, layout using graphics and photos, print along with inserts; send files to the church website manager for uploading.
- Create signs, posters, flyers, and inserts as requested by priest, ministry chairs, or Parish Council
- Print parish directories upon request, making sure that information is up to date
- High School Diploma
- Administrative experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft (Word, Excel, & Publisher) and Google format; Some graphic design
- Typewriter skills to process baptismal, marriage, and funeral paperwork
- Keyboarding efficiency
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A high degree of organization, attention to detail, and ability to create organizational systems
- General knowledge and understanding of office procedures
- Good working knowledge of landline phone and voicemail systems
- Good working knowledge of printer functions, including copying, scanning, faxing, folding, stapling, and booklet production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of the internet in order to communicate, research, and problem solve Ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with a wide variety of internal and external customers/parishioners
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to manage time efficiently to ensure that paperwork and regular duties are completed correctly and on deadline
- Interactions may include highly confidential or sensitive information. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diverse workload.
- Ability to make recommendations to ensure efficiencies in office practices or procedures.
Working Conditions/Physical demands
- Keep clean and neat desktop and work area (used by other people outside of office hours)
- Limited local travel within the metro area
- Interact with a range of personalities and diverse individuals
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Hours & Compensation
- Part-time, 20 hours/week
- $18-22/hour based on experience
- Stipend for medical coverage
- Potential for some remote work