Job Title: Operations Associate
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time (40 hours/ week)
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry
OCPM is a national, faith-based non-profit organization. OCPM serves those who are incarcerated and their families, and provides resources, training and support to our ministry partners so that lives are transformed, and God is glorified.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for staffing OCPM’s baseline administrative needs. Besides office management and administrative support for the Executive Director, the candidate will be responsible for processing donations. The candidate will also support OCPM’s correspondence ministry by aiding with the assembly of mass mail. The desired individual must consistently be ready to work, demonstrate professionalism, be a selfstarter, have strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with the OCPM team.
This position is based out OCPM’s office in the Capital district of St. Paul, MN with the potential to have hybrid/ work at home hours. The candidate will be required to largely work independently. The Operations Associate will primarily report to and interact with the Executive Director and OCPM team via email, phone, and video chat. They will also interact with the Director of Prison Correspondence in person at the St. Paul office.
- Office Management (25%)
- Organize and maintain office operations, procedures, and policies as necessary
- Manage office supplies, keep track of inventory, and make purchases
- Manage office G&A budget, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues
- Answer and screen incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate personnel
- Manage logistics for twice-annual Board of Trustees meetings and annual staff meetings
- Assist with planning and periodically attend conferences
- Assist in onboarding new hires
- Manage and update state nonprofit registrations
- Liaise with insurance broker to keep policies current
- Executive Support (15%)
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director as requested
- Create well-organized, grammatically correct correspondence (such as memos, meeting minutes, emails, reports, and other documents)
- Assist with making travel arrangements for Executive Director and other staff as directed
- Gift Processing & Donor Support (30%)
- Open and document all incoming donor mail, including entering donor data into database
- Verify and input all online donations into donor database
- Generate and prepare donation receipts
- Deposit funds received
- Assist with grant progress reports
- Field donor inquiries that are mechanical in nature
- Print, assemble, and mail special donor outreaches
- Correspondence Ministry Support (30%)
- Assemble large scale mailers as directed
- Operate a postage meter and folding machine
- Assemble packages for shipping to individual prisoners, online purchases, and to prison libraries
- Make runs to the post office to pick up and drop off mail
- Qualifications and experience
Nonprofit experience; proficiencies in Excel and database management; strong organizational, problem-solving skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow; experience with G-suite a plus; respectful and appreciative to OCPM’s mission, and a self-starter needing little supervision.
Associate"s degree or equivalent with 2-4 years related experience or combination of education and experience preferred.
As a small organization, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure OCPM's success.
OCPM is primarily a remote organization. However, we have an office for processing prisoner mail in the Capital District of St. Paul, Minnesota. This position will be expected to be at the mail processing office to assist the Director of Prison Correspondence with mail production and to assemble donor receipts. This will include small amounts of lifting, moving boxes, and being on one’s feet. If the candidate desires, there is flexibility for this position to be hybrid with certain days or hours available to work at home.
In addition to working from home and at OCPM’s office, travel will be required to support the Executive Director with Board and staff meetings and conferences, approximately 4 trips per year.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM)
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM)
P.O. Box 1597
New York, NY 10025
The mission of Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM) is to serve those who are incarcerated and their families, and provide resources, training and support to our ministry partners. Please look through our website to learn more about the mission and vision of OCPM (www.theocpm.org).
Posted on: May 30, 2022