Office assistant serves beneath the office manager, attending to the general running of the church office and addressing the church’s short- and long-term business dealings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Administrative Assistant
- Answers and screens all incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate departments/personnel when available and taking complete and accurate messages as needed followed by distributing them to proper person immediately.
- Responds to all mail & email correspondences
- Maintains an orderly and clean office and filing system.
- Assist with maintaining the church’s schedule, accounting for all religious holidays, pastor’s duties, appointments with the ministry leaders, and events in the church facilities.
- Answers information requests and fills out the necessary paperwork.
- Enters new visitor information into a database of parishioners.
- Assists with publishing the church bulletin.
- Works alongside Pastor and other priests assigned to the parish to fulfill the objectives and tasks set forth from the Pastor, priests and/or church leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and stick to weekly deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for detail.
- Must be respectful and appreciative of the church’s mission and message.
- Must be courteous and tactful with parishioners, especially in times of grief and crises in their lives.
- Must exercise exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
- Must be able to handle light bookkeeping.
- Must be an able and willing member of the church team.
- Must be comfortable with a wide range of individuals, able to work and comfortably.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree recommended.
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Working knowledge of the Greek language is a bonus but not prerequisite.
- Time is spent in a church office, divided between clerical duties and attending to parishioners’ needs.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet regular weekly duties.
- The position is part-time, min of 2 days per week (8 hours per day).
- Reports directly to the Office Manager and/or Executive board when needed.
- Pay is negotiable
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church
11025 South Roberts Road, Palos Hills, Illinois, 60465, USA
Fax (708) 974-0179
Posted on: May 30, 2022