Communications and Marketing Manager
As the mission agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America, the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC) has been faithfully fulfilling Christ’s last command “to make disciples of all nations” by bringing people to Him and His Church. Since 1985 OCMC has evolved to have missionaries all over the world and is known for its commitment to Christ-centered values and its vision that all may come to know the saving love of the Lord: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Communications and Marketing Manager – reporting to the Director of Development – will help increase awareness of the organization, build engagement with key stakeholders, and ultimately inspire advocacy for the mission of the organization. This role will be tasked with establishing innovative approaches to elevating OCMC’s place in the center of the Orthodox Christian conversation and arming others to help tell its impactful story.
In support of OCMC’s Strategic Plan and strategies for growth and annual development goals, this individual will be tasked with establishing an integrated communications and engagement strategy that utilizes a dynamic combination of print, digital, social, and grassroot initiatives to effectively reach audiences and build momentum for future success.
This position will be responsible for:
- Brand Strategy & Content Development
- Internal & External Communications
- Annual Communications and Marketing Planning and Implementation
- Audience Analytics and Insights
- Key Message & Storytelling Development
- Annual & Quarterly Development Campaigns and Initiatives
- Executive Communications
- Managing External Resources/Agency Partnerships
- Managing the Digital Marketing Coordinator and Direct Mail consultant
- Collaborating with other Development Department personnel, as well as other OCMC departments to insure messaging and brand consistency and compliance.
This individual must possess strategic communications skills, with an understanding of the intersection of communications, marketing, and advocacy, with a track record of developing creative, integrated campaigns. The successful candidate will be capable of establishing deep relationships and more importantly a strategic understanding of how to engage stakeholders and shape perceptions. Operating as a strategist/doer, a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and partner with cross-functional business partners is required. This individual will have first-hand knowledge and understanding of the practices and basic theology of Orthodox Christianity and an Orthodox Christian mindset.
This person will be based at OCMC’s headquarters in St. Augustine, Florida and be a member of one of the jurisdictions comprising the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public affairs, or related field and three years’ work experience in one of those disciplines
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, a minimum of 5 years work may be considered
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and project management skills
- Track record of success executing strategic communications efforts for a for-profit business, a not-for-profit organization, faith-based organization, or public relations/affairs agency
- Knowledge of brand strategy development, brand communications & marketing, reputation management, issue-based communications, and influencing via social media
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative, and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas to engagement and advocacy building that will stretch the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
Relationships and Influence Capabilities
- Productive record working with, influencing, and learning from people with diverse backgrounds, in different disciplines and at multiple organizational levels
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Understands and incorporates viewpoints from all key stakeholders to drive decision-making and share the benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in the mandate of Jesus Christ to “make disciples of all nations,” in a growing Orthodox agency that provides competitive compensation and benefits.
For further information please send an email, stating your interest and availability and an attached resume/CV to: OCMC Development Director, Dan Christopulos, at Dchristopulos@ocmc.org