Multiple K-12 Teaching Positions
St. John of San Francisco Orthodox Academy, a small co-ed college preparatory K-12 Orthodox Christian school, has existed for more than 28 years by the mercy of God and thanks to the intercessions of our patron saint, St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco. We are a not-for-profit educational institution with class sizes ranging from 3-5 students and we are always looking to hire qualified teachers.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous Classical education in a loving Orthodox Christian environment.
We currently have openings for part-time and full-time teaching positions for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year.
- Elementary school, grades 2-5
- Middle school/high school History
- High school French
Qualifications for all teaching positions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Teaching experience strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including children and adults with limited English
Preferred Personal Characteristics
- Be a role model in attitude, speech and actions toward others
- Have the spiritual maturity and leadership abilities to align with St. John’s Academy’s mission of providing a rigorous Classical education in a loving Orthodox environment
- Exemplify a dedication to the Transcendentals--Truth, Goodness, and Beauty--and demonstrate additional character qualities such as servant leadership, humility, integrity, courage, enthusiasm, strength, courtesy, flexibility, gratitude, and wellness qualities such as energy, grit, and perseverance
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity and optimism
- Maintain a personal appearance that is consistent with the level of the position within the organization and a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste and in agreement with Church and school policies
- Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority, while appropriately questioning the status quo
- Refuse to use or circulate confidential information inappropriately
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Refrain from gossip of all nature
- Make an effort to appreciate and understand the uniqueness of the community of St. John’s Academy
- Page Break
- Dependent upon experience
- Full-time teachers are eligible for medical or dental benefits from the Academy
For any inquires and to apply, please contact Julia Paramonov, Principal at (415) 221-3484 or by e-mail email@example.com.
St. John of San Francisco Orthodox Academy
6210 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA, 94121
Phone: (415) 221-3484
Posted on: June 17, 2022