Saint Basil Academy is the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese’s home for children in need. It provides a loving Christian environment where resident children are nurtured to adulthood and empowered to become well-rounded Orthodox Christians as well as productive members of society.
Saint Basil Academy is currently hiring for the position of Full-Time Maintenance/Grounds Worker.
The Maintenance/Grounds worker is responsible for performing a range of duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety standards. Under the guidance of the Facilities Director, the Maintenance/Grounds worker will efficiently monitor and maintain equipment performance, as well as help to maintain a safe and attractive environment for all of Saint Basil Academy, its residents, and its visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all Saint Basil Academy buildings, grounds, and assets.
- Mow grass, weed whack, leaf removal, tree care and plant care.
- Snow removal, shoveling, ice removal, plowing and salting.
- Maintain all grounds keeping equipment, mowers, weed whackers, blowers, leaf vacuums, plows, snow blowers, and salt spreader.
- Perform maintenance repairs including basic carpentry, plumbing, and electric as well as patching sheetrock, sanding, and painting.
- Perform maintenance tasks to ensure the safety of everyone at Saint Basil Academy as well as reporting any potential safety issues to the Facilities Director.
- Perform duties at the water and sewage treatment plants in accordance with all county, state, and federal regulations.
- Work with other team member on any building projects being completed.
- Perform periodic checks and services on Saint Basil Academy’s fleet of vehicles.
- Assist other departments as needed for any Saint Basil Academy Functions.
- Perform any duties other than outlined as directed by the Director of Facilities Management.
- High school diploma/GED
- Two or more years of experience
- Must be highly motivated and able to work both independently and with a team
- Must have a clean driver’s license
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kim Ruperd at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Basil Academy
Saint Basil Academy
79 Saint Basil Road Garrison, NY 10524
Phone: (845) 424-3500 | Fax: (845) 424-4172
Posted on: March 23, 2022