Landscape and Facilities Maintenance Technician
Full-time Position: Landscape and Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports: Buildings and Grounds
Shift: Monday through Friday, 10 am - 6 pm (some weekends required)
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition. The landscape and facilities maintenance technician is the unsung hero of our campus operations who keeps our campus facilities and grounds clean, safe and running. This is a rare full-time opportunity to work with our experienced crew and learn a variety of maintenance skills.
- Maintain campus grounds
- Lawn maintenance
- Shrub and tree maintenance
- Planting and weeding
- Snow removal
- General building and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
- In-house maintenance of facilities
- Light carpentry, painting, electrical repairs and modifications
- Ensure all department Logs are properly maintained
- Availability to work during inclement weather, including but not limited to, snow removal.
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties deemed necessary by management
- Ability to perform plumbing repairs and HVAC maintenance highly desired.
Education and Experience:
- 1 years experience in landscaping or facility maintenance
- 1 certification or formal training (not licenses) in a work related area: electric, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, boilers, welding and/or carpentry preferred
- Communicate in English.
- Safe work record, practice safe work habits, following Standard Operating Procedures
- Flexibility - able to react to changing priorities
- Must be able to work in small spaces and climb ladders
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and random drug screening (including Marijuana)
Pay: $20 - $30 per hour, range based on experience. Generous paid time off. Generous medical, dental, 403(b) retirement plan and life insurance benefits available.
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition.
For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued