IOCC Project Coordinator
TITLE: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland
Position Summary* and Purpose: The Project Coordinator provides full scale, executive level project coordination and administrative support to IOCC’s Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Team. This is done through project support and oversight, relationship management, research work, scheduling, filing, meeting and travel coordination, and correspondence. This position will be the primary liaison between the CEO and external contacts, including the Board of Directors and ensures a supportive environment for the CEO.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Project Coordination & Relationship Management: Supports/facilitates the coordination of large organizational projects serving as the point of contact, note-taker and keeper of key information and status reports; planning/scheduling of project meetings; manages small projects from start to finish, ensuring all deliverables are met within the specified time and budget.
- Research: Research topics as assigned by the CEO with regards to items needed for meeting preparation, special projects and/or key initiatives.
- Meeting Preparation: Prepares and compiles presentation documents and materials for the CEO in advance of meetings; ensures CEO is prepared with key documents needed in advance of all meetings; coordinates all Board and visitor meetings.
- Board Support: Writes Board and external communications; acts as liaison for CEO with the Board; creates Board books; coordinates meetings, prepares meeting minutes; and maintains membership, motions archive, and meeting books.
- CEO Scheduling and Coordination: Manages complex business calendar and CEO’s schedule; communicates calendar changes to those affected in a timely manner; coordinates the Executive travel (sometimes for Board Members); prepares travel briefs on detailed logistics
- Archiving Information Coordination and Communication: Creates filing systems in compliance with document retention policy; manages correspondence and accurately writes or edits various communications, presentations and other documents for the Executive Office and forwards to others, when necessary; reviews e-mails for priority information, and meeting requests as directed; lead person in facilitating smooth and efficient telephone, email and other forms of communication for the CEO.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience/Education:
- Relationship Management: Proven experience building relationships and communicating with key stakeholders, including top organizational executives, board members, donors and decision makers.
- Project Management: Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities; proven ability to manage a variety of tasks and activities simultaneously; impeccable attention to detail and consistently accurate; resourceful with strong researching experience and capability; organized to shepherd and coordinate information from various sources; can implement and follow an effective follow up and check-up procedure; able to manage all projects from inception to implementation or delivery; skilled and savvy with training others, when necessary.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications; knowledge of Visio.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written skills using different forms of media; ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels; provides continuous proactive verbal and/or written status updates of activity.
- Customer Service Skills: Proven customer service skills, for both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational, filing and planning skills; proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision; proven ability to coordinate multiple activities quickly and efficiently; ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team; ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment and contribute to problem-solving; and ability to quickly learn and fully support old and new systems, processes and procedures.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues and maintain a high degree of professional etiquette and decorum.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, English or Communications or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the minimally required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 5 years of experience in managing and/or coordinating projects
- 2 years of experience providing administrative support to executive leadership
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employment
*Full job description is available
International Orthodox Christian Charities
110 West Road, Suite 360
Baltimore, MD 21204
Toll Free: 877.803.4622
Posted on: January 17, 2022