Information Technology Assistant & Audio Visual Technician
Full Job Description
Primary responsibilities include operation of all Audio Visual (AV) and information technology support for the Maliotis Cultural Center at Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC). Collaborate professionally with other HCHC staff to service all AV technical support requests. The IT & AV Technician will serve as the onsite AV point person and coordinator. Additional responsibilities include IT related matters such as IT troubleshooting, etc.
● Provide solutions for presentation needs occasionally under high-pressure circumstances
● Responsible for following protocols for A/V products and services
● Responsible for completing all AV event setup and teardown for events
● Provide professional, courteous technical support services
● Operational support and training for all AV and IT devices
● Provide immediate response to requests for assistance to events in progress
● Setup, calibration and technical support for following types of systems: display devices and mounting systems to include projectors front and rear, large screen interactive monitors, etc.
● Setup and operation of portable audio systems
● Oversee resources to proactively ensure we always have the necessary equipment on hand
● Assist with classroom brokering and Zoom room setups
● Responsible for ensuring inventory logs are maintained
● Responsible to help clean, maintain and shut down rooms nightly
● Setup new and used computers
● Identifies problems, troubleshoots and coordinates with other IT personnel to resolve software and hardware problems
● Troubleshoot wifi and basic internet problems
● Troubleshoot and maintain all printers
● Keep device firmware and software up to date
● Maintains appropriate documentation for IT and AV
● Maintains overall equipment and supply organization and storage
● Other duties as assigned
● A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Minimum of 2 years work experience in an audio visual and IT related position
● Knowledge and experience with integrated AV systems, inclusive, but not limited to: data projection, audio, video, Extron, Zoom Rooms, Poly and Cisco systems, etc.
● Knowledge and experience with integrated IT systems, inclusive, but not limited to: wireless networks, computer troubleshooting, GSuite, Zoom and Zoom Rooms, VOIP, etc.
● Advanced proficiency in MS applications – Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
● Advanced proficiency in GSuite applications – Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Drive, etc.
● Advanced proficiency in Windows, MacOs, and ChromeOS troubleshooting
● Knowledge of PHP, SQL a plus
● Membership & participation in professional organizations such as EDUCAUSE or AVIXA a plus
● Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
● Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes
● Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
● Exceptional customer service abilities
● Strong organizational skills
● This is a hands on job requiring both analytical and technical skills
● Lifting of up to 50lbs required.
Job Type: Part-time
This is a 10 to 20 hours per week position, dependent upon ebb and flow of business. Local candidates only will be considered.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition. For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/.
Hellenic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Diverse Workforce and Inclusive Culture is Valued