Professor of Psychology & Human Development and Director of the Psychology & Human Development Program
Hellenic College seeks a candidate who is dedicated to the teaching of Psychology from an Orthodox Christian perspective and who is capable of directing the Psychology & Human Development program in the context of an Orthodox Christian college.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to quality teaching, peer-reviewed scholarship, and service within the institution. The candidate is expected to teach foundational courses in the program. Any substantive professional and disciplinary focus within the field of psychology is acceptable.
As director, the candidate will guide the Psychology & Human Development program, lead a group of adjunct faculty within the program, and advise students in their academic and professional endeavors. Hellenic College prioritizes the professional development of its undergraduate students.
Hellenic College is a fully accredited, Orthodox Christian liberal arts college located in Brookline, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will have the intellect, integrity, and administrative acumen to work in partnership with the faculty and administrative staff to advance Hellenic’s mission to develop students morally, intellectually, and spiritually.
Applicants should explain in their cover letters how their expertise, skills, and leadership will help the College inspire and sustain vocations among students for service to the Church and society.
The position is open to rank; this is a three-year contract with the option to renew.
- Highest appropriate terminal degree within the field of Psychology & Human Development or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated success in undergraduate teaching and mentoring.
- Record of professional involvement commensurate with rank and title.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated abilities to work effectively and adaptively with students, co-workers, and administrative personnel.
- Commitment to the Orthodox Christian theology of the person
- The normal teaching load at Hellenic College is three undergraduate courses per semester.
- Program leadership, curriculum development, program assessment, student learning assessment, adjunct faculty recruitment and development, teaching, student advisement, course planning, and student enrollment.
- Collaborate with colleagues and undergraduate students to advance and renew the mission of the Psychology & Human Development Program, and collaborate with directors of other undergraduate and graduate programs to expand educational opportunities for students in Hellenic College.
- Coordinate field placements for students in professional settings.
- Sustain an active program of professional involvement.
- Participate in college meetings and events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Hellenic College offers a full program of benefits.
Candidates must submit their applications electronically to email@example.com.
A complete application consists of a cover letter demonstrating the candidate’s qualifications and commitment to the College’s mission; a current Curriculum Vitae; statements of research interests and teaching philosophy; three letters of reference; and three examples of recent publications or professional contributions.
For full consideration, a complete application must be received electronically by January 31, 2022. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posted: Jan 03, 2022
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer.
A diverse workforce and inclusive culture is valued.
Inquiries regarding the position of the application process can be directed to David Volz, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hellenic College Holy Cross
50 Goddard Ave
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition. For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/
Posted on: January 10, 2022