Grades K-8 Teaching Positions
Guardian Angel Orthodox Day School of St. John of the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, a co-ed K-8 Orthodox Christian school, has existed for more than 20 years by the mercy of God and thanks to the intercessions of the Holy Angels and our patron saint, St. John of the Baptist. We are a not-for-profit educational institution with class sizes of about 20 students, and as we grow, we are always looking to hire loving, compassionate and qualified teachers. Our Mission Our mission is to educate children by integrating intellectual, physical, and spiritual learning using the teaching of the Holy Orthodox Church in a manner which will instill virtues within their souls and reveal the image of God within them. Our Core Values: +Love of God - We love God with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our mind. +Love of Neighbor - We love others as our self. +Love of Learning - We love to learn wisdom, how to think, and virtue, what to do. Our Vision Our vision is to prepare the next generation of Orthodox Christians to serve our Church and our world.
We currently have openings for part-time and full-time teaching positions for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year:
- Elementary school, Grade 5
- Middle school, Science
- Practicing Orthodox Christian in good standing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university.
- Teaching certificate, with middle school endorsement if applicable.
- •eaching experience in a classroom setting, including designing and following a lesson plan, organizing and using learning materials and resources, assessing students’ formative and summative performance and progress to ensure growth.
For any inquires or to apply with a letter of interest and resume, please contact Maria Kroll, Principal, at (847)827-5519 ext. 104 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org