Director of Youth and Young Adults Ministry Holy Trinity Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Cathedral Salt Lake City, UT
The Director of Youth and Young Adults Ministry is a full time, professional ministry assistant position under the direct supervision of the Presiding Priest and accountable to the Clergy and Parish Council. The person holding this position will assist the Clergy in the overall development and implementation of a comprehensive youth ministry program designed to meet the spiritual, educational, emotional and social needs of our children, teenagers and young adults. Our Parish Youth Ministry includes but is not limited to: JOY/HOPE, GOYA, Young Adults, Acolytes, Greek Dance Program, Religious and Greek Education, Sports Programs (Basketball)
- Orthodox Christian at least 21 years of age committed to Jesus Christ, the Holy Orthodox Church and to ministry with young people and their families
- Possess the administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties and carry out details, as well as the interpersonal, relational skills for working with young people and adults within the parish
- Active in the liturgical and social life of the parish – establishing himself/herself as a role model for the youth in all aspects of the Orthodox Christian way of life
- Possess competent computer literacy including Microsoft Office, social media, etc.
- Possess knowledge of Archdiocesan/Metropolis Policies and Procedures and guidelines for Youth Protection and Programs
- Ability to discern when information or issues should be brought to the Clergy
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Possess excellent organizational skills and short/long term planning abilities
- Criminal Background Check (required)
- Youth Protection Training (required)
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Youth Ministries and Religious Education
- Develop new Ministries as needed
- Locate and use resources such as youth workers magazines, periodicals, etc.
- Update youth sections of the parish website, etc.
- Utilize social media (Parish Website, FlockNote, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to maintain weekly communication with all Youth groups
- Plan in conjunction with volunteer Youth advisors activities, meetings, etc., including developing a calendar of events and youth programs
- Ensure that proper permission slips, health records, and insurance information are acquired as necessary for all young people participating in parish sponsored trips, athletic events, etc.
- Lead Vacation Church School and other similar summer camp programs
- Coordinate and oversee Family Nights in conjunction with the Clergy
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans/encourage involvement
- Attend Youth Retreats/Seminars as part of ongoing education/experience
- Maintain and update Youth Protection Policies and Procedures
- Maintain Praesidium Files on all Youth volunteers/background checks, etc.
- Relief Office Work (As needed)
- Assist with various tasks as needed in the Church Office
- Assist with tasks as needed as directed by the Clergy
- Parish Interoffice Integration
- Attend Parish Council Meetings once a month; this includes providing a report to the Presiding Priest and Parish Council when requested.
- Meet once a month with the Clergy and the Parish’s Youth Board (Consisting of the Leaders of Sunday School, YAL, GOYA, Altar Servers, HOPE/JOY, Greek Dance) to promote cohesion and coordination in all aspects of youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Office space will be provided with access to a computer with internet, printer and phone
- As appropriate, tasks can be done at home (Preparatory work for a Youth Retreat, etc).
- Confidentiality of information about Staff and Parishioners is paramount
EVALUATION, HOURS & COMPENSATION
- Initial performance evaluation after first 90 days, conducted by Presiding Priest and Human Resource Committee that would include input from the Parish Council members and Youth Ministry leaders
- Subsequent evaluations – to be performed at the discretion of the Presiding Priest or annually
- Annual compensation review to be addressed by the Parish Council
- 40 hours per week that requires flexibility such as Holiday/Weekends/Evenings
i. more hours during period of intense ministry (e.g., Holy Week, Summer Programs/Camp)
- Beginning compensation (depending on level of education and experience)
- Salary - $45,000.00/year
- Insurance benefits include Health, Dental, and Eyecare
- Vacation – 3 weeks Personal Time Off
APPLICANTS MUST CONTACT
Fr. George Nikas
You can use this link to reply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holy Trinity/Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Cathedral
Address: 279 South 300 WestSalt Lake City, UT 84101
Posted on: June 23, 2022