Director of Operations
Job Location: Antiochian Village Camp
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: HS Diploma
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Antiochian Village is expanding!
- Do you have a heart for Orthodox Christian Ministry?
- Do you have skill sets in organization and logistics?
- Would you like to work with a fun, collaborative group, where everyone contributes to get the work done?
If so, please keep reading-
Antiochian Village Camp transforms lives and nurtures faith in Jesus Christ through Orthodox Christian community living, worship, education, fellowship, and love. The full-time team is the backbone of the ministry; ensuring that the mission, vision, and values of the ministry are being met and upheld. Our team runs summer camp, winter camps, family camps, alumni Reunions, rental groups, staff reunions, and much more. You will be a part of creating a space where individuals don’t just learn their faith but experience their faith.
We are seeking a candidate interested in overseeing the following areas of the camp’s operations:
- Enhance the effectiveness of database tools and services.
- Build/update the structure and design of the database; including, but not limited to: Events, HR, Sales, Accounting, Medical, and Reports.
- Enhance the scalability and performance of existing database structures.
- Monitor database performances and improve technologies.
- Keep up to date with technological developments.
- Manage arrival day operations and registration for all events.
- Manage and update the camp’s master planning schedule.
- Keep all documents, forms, and policies updated.
- Update staff training materials annually.
- Oversee mailings, packaging, and shipping operations.
- Manage inventory, ordering, and stocking of kitchen, bookstore, office & cleaning supplies.
- Organize the reservations, travel, and logistics of full-time trainings.
- Administer and distribute camper financial assistance to campers.
Assistant Camp Director
- Participate in the recruitment and the orientation of new staff members.
- Support and sustain the positive morale of the staff. Assist in planning team-building opportunities and participate and assist in planning meetings, events, and training sessions.
- Oversee summer programs by supervising support staff members.
- Assist Camp Director in ensuring that the camp’s cabins, buildings, and office areas are always clean, attractive, and inviting for new groups.
- Support Camp Director in all additional duties required to successfully operate the camp.
- Helps oversee ropes course operations
This job description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Free Housing
- Summer (May-August): 24/7
- Fall-Spring (September-April): 40 hours a week plus weekend programming
- Camping Ministries (Preferred)
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Health Insurance, Dental and Vision available at a 70/30 split where the employee pays 30% thru payroll deductions monthly and the Village pays the 70% - Single coverage, can add family for additional costs at 100% paid by employee.
Employees pay the first $250 per individual or $500 per family of their annual deductible and the Village pays the rest. EOB’s are submitted and deductibles are tracked thru a 3rd party reimbursement firm- The Harrison Group