Director of Communications
Annunciation Orthodox School (AOS) seeks an experienced, dynamic, creative individual to serve as the
Director of Communications. The Director of Communications is responsible for communicating through
a wide variety of internal and external channels such as branding, marketing, print and digital
publications, graphic design, video, photography, social media, and media relations. The school seeks
candidates who are passionate about independent schools and who are experienced leaders in the
The Director of Communications is part of the school’s administration team and is
supported by the Communications Coordinator.
Annunciation Orthodox School, as part of its mission, celebrates the diverse characteristics and individual
qualities of those that comprise our community. In alignment with our mission, we actively seek to hire
candidates of all faiths, races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. AOS seeks candidates who are eager to
support the school’s mission as we work to develop the “hearts and minds” of our students.
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: July 11, 2022 (flexibility available)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, additional time as needed for after-school
meetings and events.
- Refine and execute a comprehensive communication strategy that engages internal and external
constituents in support and promotion of the school.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy and make
adjustments as dictated by the market.
- Manage and execute a myriad of daily email communications from various constituencies within
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement and the Director of Admissions to oversee the
production of a variety of materials designed to enhance the school’s visibility and brand.
- Direct the production of printed materials, including the annual report and admissions materials.
- Create and maintain the content of the AOS website so it is timely and reflective of the spirit and
mission of the school.
- Direct the creation of The Delphian annual magazine (concept, design, content, editorial, and
production) in service of connecting with the school’s target audiences.
- Manage an integrated presence on multiple social media platforms.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and pitch stories to the media as part of a
broader strategic plan to elevate the visibility of the school.
- Develop and implement a school-wide, integrated crisis communication plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School and in support of various constituencies
within the school.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications; independent schools or nonprofit
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Experience in desktop publishing design and management of design production
- Demonstrated experience with photography, videography, website content management, and
- Understanding of media relations
- Actions and values that align with the school’s mission and culture
- Strong desire to collaborate with colleagues and other school community members.
Please provide the following information to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter tailored for this position
- Contact information for at least three references
Annunciation Orthodox School
3600 Yoakum Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006
Telephone: (713) 470-5600
Posted on: May 10, 2022