Residential Life Program - Direct Care Staff
Saint Basil Academy is the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese’s home for children in need. It provides a loving Christian environment where resident children are nurtured to adulthood and empowered to become well-rounded Orthodox Christians as well as productive members of society.
Saint Basil Academy is currently hiring for the position of Direct Care Staff in the Residential Life Program.
Duties of Residential Life Direct Care Staff:
- Oversee daily care of children ages 6-18
- Participate in daily meetings with Director of Residential Life regarding the progress and needs of each resident
- Oversee children during daily vespers, Sunday liturgy, and other church services
- Coordinate and balance program schedules
- Organize and supervise off-campus programs and activities
- Provide homework help
- Oversee and maintain bedtime routines and basic housekeeping in the dorm
- Work well with a team of staff members while following the policies and procedures of Saint Basil Academy.
- Distribute prescribed medications in accordance with children’s doctors
- Present weekly case conference reports
- Transport children to and from school, sports, activities and various appointments.
- Meet with teachers and administrators to best meet the academic needs of the children
- Facilitate weekly meetings to maintain unity and cooperation in the dorm
- Maintain a safe and controlled environment during crisis situations
- Facilitate life space interviews in accordance with the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Model (Saint Basil Academy will provide training for this)
- Commitment to learning Saint Basil Academy policies and procedures as well as implementing our behavior modification systems
- Overall, provide a stable and healthy living space for all residents to thrive within
- College Degree
- At least 21 years of age
- NYS Driver’s License in good standing
- Commitment to physical activity and active participation in recreation
- Participation in our crisis intervention program
- Participation in ongoing job development training in areas such as (but not limited to) mental health, professional boundaries, and crisis intervention.
Our youth come from traumatic backgrounds and can often be challenging to work with, so experience is beneficial but not a requirement.
To apply, please email a letter of intent and a current resume to Todd August, Director of Residential Life email address: email@example.com
Saint Basil Academy
Saint Basil Academy
79 Saint Basil Road Garrison, NY 10524
Phone: (845) 424-3500 | Fax: (845) 424-4172
Posted on: March 11, 2022