- Develop strategic communication initiatives that include internal and external communications, media relations, alumni relations, and church and parish relations.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and ministry strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Drive Seminary strategy and message development, pitch, and announcement strategies.
- Manage Seminary brand and reputation to ensure the public views the organization favorably.
- Research public opinion and develop ways to enhance the Seminary’s reputation in the Orthodox community and beyond.
- Manage media training for staff and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, and special projects and assignments.
- Maximize opportunities to get the Seminary featured on radio, TV, Internet, and in print publications.
- Ensure that all media/publicity opportunities for the president/CEO are fully vetted.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews with company reps.
- Manage production of all multimedia projects, including but not limited to the creation of video content, web content, print content, email communications, podcasts, and photography for all Seminary and Press needs.
- Create and manage all content for social media channels for the Seminary and SVS Press, including The Institute of Sacred Arts.
- Create and manage content for newsletters, social media, email marketing, etc.
- Oversee coordination of candidates for written, video, and podcast interviews.
- Manage all media relations, press releases, and media contact lists.
- Develop and nurture relationships with various members of the media, government, general public, donors, board members, students, clergy, and faculty on behalf of the Seminary, as needed.
- Attend and manage staffing needs for events for the purposes of content creation (e.g., photography, videography, etc).
- Oversee crisis and emergency communications.
- Perform all other multimedia and public relations tasks, as needed.
- Assist the entire team in proofreading content (print and digital), as needed.
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Work with the team to ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Highest level of project management and time management skills
- A go-getter attitude with an insatiable curiosity for storytelling
- Expertise in understanding Eastern and Oriental Orthodox culture and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an excellent command of the English language
- Attention to detail and an editorial eye to catch grammatical mistakes and inaccuracies
- Excellence in multimedia equipment and software (including, DSLR cameras, podcasting equipment, video editing software, lighting equipment, etc.)
- 4-5 years previous experience in a similar role
- BA/BS in Journalism, English Literature, Communications or Media Communications
- Portfolio of previous work
- The flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends due to the nature of our events
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, and staff
- Superior judgment and diplomatic skills
This position is full time, includes benefits, and requires on-site work Mon–Fri during normal business hours (8am–4pm during the summer and 8:30am-5pm during the school year). This role also requires availability on weekends and some travel.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.