Classroom Teachers Needed
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Christian School, located in Yakima, Washington, serves grades K – 8th. We have openings for teachers in our K-1 classroom and our 2-3 grade classroom for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year. We are looking for a candidate who loves children, loves learning, and is a committed Christian who supports Orthodox Christian education.
The candidate will be expected to effectively teach all subjects using a variety of curricula and understand the year-end goals for the grades being taught. The candidate will be expected to accurately assess students as they progress towards meeting or exceeding these goals.
Salary Range: $38,000 - $60,000, dependent on education, experience, and certification
- Candidate to be available by August 1, 2022
- Prior work experience in a school environment preferred
- Teaching certification required
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate flexibility, organization, and the ability to work well with others
- Skills and knowledge to complete these tasks:
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan
- Organize learning material and resources
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Assess students' performance and progress to ensure mastery of skills regularly
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Motivate and stimulate children’s learning through a variety of activities and instructional methods, including but not exclusive to: songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc.
- Develop alphabet, reading, and numeracy skills in K-1
- Help students develop healthy personal, social, and emotional skills at all ages and levels of development.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Cooperate with administrative staff and collaborate with other teachers
- Excellent attendance required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
All interested candidates please submit a letter of interest and resume to our principal Mrs. Jennifer Maher email@example.com
If you meet preliminary screening requirements an application will be sent to you for consideration by the School’s Hiring Team.
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Christian School
706 Stewart Street
Yakima, WA 98902
Posted on: May 12, 2022