Saint Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church is seeking an Administrative Assistant to attend to the office and administrative duties of the church.
This position supports the parish council and the pastor. The position responsibilities include general office management, recordkeeping, vendor management and management of activities calendar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and screen all incoming calls, and routing them to the appropriate personnel or taking complete and accurate messages.
- Open and route all mail & email correspondences.
- Maintain an orderly office and filing system.
- Manage the church’s calendar, accounting for all religious holidays and events.
- Publish the weekly church bulletin prepared by the pastor.
- Maintain the church website, updating with the weekly sermons, bulletins, and events.
- Maintain the church’s social media sites.
- Answer information requests and fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Manage the office supplies inventory, including ordering supplies, as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate meetings, presentations, events. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for detail.
- Must be courteous with parishioners
- Must exercise exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Greek and English.
- Must be comfortable working with technology and social media.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet regular weekly duties. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree preferred.
- At least two years of clerical or administrative experience required. Work Environment
Majority of candidate’s time will be spent in the church office with daily inspection of the physical premises to determine if there are any issues to be addressed. Additional Information
Compensation is negotiable based on experience
Email resume and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.