Administrative Assistant Saints Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church Washington, DC
A church administrative assistant attends to different office and administrative duties of the church, including general office management, bookkeeping, and facilities management.
Church administrative assistant serves beneath the Priest, Parish Council, and Parish Administrator, attending to the general running of the church office and addressing the church's short- and long-term business dealings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and screens all incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate departments when available and taking messages as needed.
- Responds to all mail correspondences as needed.
- Maintains an orderly and clean office and filing system.
- Publishes the church bulletin and weekly handout.
- Maintains and updates the parishioner's database.
- Helps maintain church files, staff files and maintains confidentiality on all information
- contained therein.
- Manages office supplies, keeps track of inventory.
- Associate will not engage in gossip or any unprofessional conduct.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and stick to weekly deadlines.
- Must be an initiative-taker with an innovative approach to administration.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be committed to the church's mission and message.
- Must be courteous and tactful with parishioners, especially in times of grief and crisis in their lives.
- Must exercise exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
- Must be able to manage various bookkeeping duties.
- Must be able to prioritize parishioner's concerns.
- Must be comfortable working with technology and work with general data processing duties.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of QuickBooks.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree recommended.
- At least 5 years administrative experience.
- Time is spent in a church office, divided between administrative duties, and attending to parishioners needs.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines and regular weekly duties.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Ninety-day probation period.
- Background check/Youth Safety Initiative Courses
- Drug test/ Random drug testing upon our discretion.
- Drug free zone.
- Professional demeanor, image, and appearance.
- Reliable and dependable.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Penny Lappas, Parish Administrator