Church Office Manager
The Office Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the church office, including the coordination of all clerical activities. They will manage the church's schedule of events, ensure the effective use of church income, and keep accurate records. The Church Office Manager works in cooperation with other paid staff and volunteers and supports the clergy and other church staff members as needed, being expected to keep in strict confidence information acquired through the duties of this position. As the welcoming face of St. George, they are expected to maintain regular office hours.
- College degree preferred
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, and file maintenance
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, including proof-reading and editing
- Proficiency using creative applications and creating graphics for communications (i.e. bulletins, brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak English, Arabic-bilingual preferred
- Possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workflow and to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
- Strong math skills, experience with church accounting preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills, comfortable with people of varying ages and backgrounds
- At least two years of prior experience working in an office environment
- Answer and respond to incoming calls and emails in a timely manner, take accurate messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Prepare correspondence for the clergy and other office staff as needed, send thank you cards for donations, pledges, etc.
- Coordinate with clergy to maintain church and office calendar.
- Handle church communications, create/distribute bulletins and weekly emails to distribution list.
- Implement a routine system to collect, organize and submit files to the electronic employee filing system and correct system rejects for resubmission.
- Greet and direct visitors
- Assist with creating budgets, pay bills, oversee payroll, and track/record church income from donations and pledges
- Keep financial files and coordinate with accountant
- Communicate with board regarding weekly financial activity
- Act as liaison with treasurer, accountant & banks
- Print and mail checks
- Regularly review credit card spending and verify that all receipts/employee excel forms are accurate
- Enter/Update data in CCB database based on pledge forms, visitor forms, sacraments performed/deaths
- Assist parishioners with on-line payments/pledges as necessary
- Distributes food from Food Pantry on Wednesdays
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned by clergy or parish council officers.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
- Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This post describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.