Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Church office in Yonkers, NY is in need of an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant. This position oversees and manages the daily operation of the church office under the direction of the Pastor and President. As the first contact with the public, the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant sets the tone for all interactions with the parish office. Must have strong computer skills, communication skills and ability to multi-task. Greek speaking is a plus.
The individual will also be responsible for handling Hall Rentals. If the individual speaks Spanish this will be a plus in handling our hall rentals.
If the individual is skilled in chanting or can help run youth activities there will be the possibility of additional compensation.
Total work hours per week will be approximately 20 hours. Please email resumes along with references and any salary requirements.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to manage the online calendar for the church
- Strong communication skills. Verbal and written.
- Multitasking and ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to welcome parishioners visitors and people passing through in a friendly manner
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Typing ability of 60-80 WPM with accuracy and transcribing ability
- Must exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teach ability and accountability.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should always exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should have a non-lackadaisical attitude with the willingness to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
All interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church
15 Leroy Avenue
Yonkers, New York 10705
Voice: (914) 963-3638
Presiding Priest - Rev. Fr. Nikolas S. Delaveris
Posted on: January 10, 2022