Teacher / Teaching Fellow
Mount Tabor School of the Liberal Arts is a classical school opening in the fall of 2021. We believe that education is the cultivation of the human soul, not just job training. We are seeking a talented elementary school teacher as well as a teaching fellow for our inaugural year. Located in Kansas City, MO. Position to begin August 2021.
Visit https://mounttaborschool.org/ for more information.
- Manage the overall daily operations of a classroom and ensure student development; implement curriculum in a way that cultivates in the student a desire for truth, beauty and goodness
- Establish an Orthodx Christian ethos
- Demonstrate strong and effective communications with colleagues and parents
- Maintain curriculum standards, ensuring compliance with all school goals and policies
- Collaborate with colleagues in the development of curricula and resources
- Perform extra duties- i.e. recess, lunch, before/after school obligations as assigned
- Graduate with minimum of B.A./B.S.
- A love of working with children and an ability to interact with parents and co-workers in a confident, and respectful manner
- Demonstrated commitment to and compatibility with Orthodox beliefs and praxis
- Two or more years teaching experience; preferably in Classical environment
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd experience, training, or awareness
- Experience in multi-age, elementary educational setting
- Self-starting, strong initiative, independent
- Able to accept correction as needed, but also operate with great freedom; malleable, willing to listen and be mentored
- Desire to learn and tackle new projects or learn new content
- Tenacity, gentleness, love for youth, desire to live and work in same community
How to apply
Send all correspondence via email to headmaster@mounttaborschool.
- Cover letter addressing your philosophy of teaching and learning.
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from your priest.