Junior Systems Administrator & Audiovisual Support Technician
The Junior Systems Administrator & Audiovisual Support Technician is a key infrastructure provider of mission critical systems for our faculty and staff. Qualified systems administrators will have a background in IT, helpdesk support, and networking. A background or interest in audiovisual technologies is desired. A dynamic network and systems generalist who thrives in providing personal, professional service is desired.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Provide professional, courteous technical support services
- Operational support and training for cross-platform (Mac, Windows, Chrome) AV and IT devices
- Provide timely response to requests for assistance to events in progress
- Setup and operation of portable audio systems
- Oversee resources to proactively ensure we always have the necessary equipment on hand
- Assist with classroom brokering and Zoom room setups
- Responsible for cleaning, maintaining and shutting down conference rooms and classrooms nightly
- Setup new and used computers
- Identifies problems, troubleshoots and coordinates with other IT personnel to resolve software and hardware problems
- Troubleshoot wifi and basic internet problems
- Troubleshoot and maintain peripheral accessories
- Keep device firmware and software up to date
- Maintains appropriate documentation for IT and AV
- Maintains overall equipment and supply organization and storage
- Other duties as assigned
- High School or GED required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an audio visual or IT-related position
- Advanced proficiency in MS applications – Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency in GSuite applications – Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Drive, etc.
- Proficiency in Windows, MacOs, and ChromeOS platforms
- Quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- This is a hands on job requiring both management skills and technical skills
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs required.
- Knowledge and experience with integrated AV systems such as data projection, audio, video, Extron, Zoom Rooms, Poly and Cisco systems, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with integrated IT systems, inclusive, but not limited to: wireless networks, computer troubleshooting, GSuite, Zoom and Zoom Rooms, VOIP, etc.
- Knowledge of PHP, SQL a plus
- Membership & participation in professional organizations such as EDUCAUSE or AVIXA a plus
Job Type: Full-time
This is a full-time location-based position with remote flexibility. Local-candidates only will be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
Hellenic College Holy Cross
50 Goddard Ave
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition. For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/
Posted on: October 01, 2021