IV Director of Programs
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is seeking an Ionian Village Director of Programs.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is a religious not-for-profit organization. “The mission of the Archdiocese is to proclaim the Gospel of Christ, to teach and spread the Orthodox Christian Faith, to energize, cultivate, and guide the life of the Church in the United States of America according to the Orthodox Christian Faith and Tradition”. There are 9 “dioceses” with employees who are residents in multiple states.
The Ionian Village Director of Programs will work under the guidance of, and serve as the principal support, for the Director of Ionian Village.The purpose of this position is to coordinate and facilitate the execution and expansion of the IV Programs and Ministries while ensuring distinguished quality.
Principal Areas of Responsibilities
1. Program and Ministry Preparations (40%)
- Execute Ionian Village Ministries
- Alumni Projects
- Registration and planning for our summer camp programs
- Staff selection
2. On Site Program (20%)
- Must be available to travel to Greece May-August for the implementation of summer programs
- Prepare cabin assignments
- Supervise staff and volunteers
3. Maintain all Ionian Village online and social media presence (15%)
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
4. Office Management (25%)
- Administrative correspondence(i.e. email, telephone, etc.)
- Responsible for the document production & development
Travel requirements: YES
- At least 21 years old
- A Bachelor's or master's degree
- Experience working in Summer camps and with children
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and all related software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint
- Is familiar with the Orthodox Church and is in good standing
- Has participated in any of the Ionian Village programs or is familiar with it
Attributes and Skill Sets
This position requires the ability to present yourself in a professional manner, communicate, listen to others,observe others’ actions, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals, plan and organize, and physically move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Solid verbal and written skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills and the ability to recognize problems and propose effective solutions
- Dependability and a Strong Work Ethic
- Maturity and a Professional Attitude
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Related Work Experience
- Initiative and Motivation