Parish Pastoral & Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
The Parish Pastoral & Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Parish, the Priest and the Parish Council with any and all duties requested in day-to-day management of the Holy Apostles Church.
- Handle communications for the Church including phone, mail and email
- Manage donor correspondence
- Church website content management
- Create and distribute weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter
- Update and manage church’s social media and livestream content
- Monitor and manage building and Parish vendors
- Maintain various Parish database records and provide requested reports
- Provide support for Fundraising and Building Construction projects
- Administer Parish calendar
- Create letters and spreadsheets
- Monitor church supply inventory
- Run errands as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Youth Ministry
- Lead K-12 youth ministry program
- When required preach
- Lead small group learning
- Chant Ministry
- Teach Byzantine chant
- Lead choir for services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) and other computer programs; inter-personal skills; knowledge of filing systems; professional etiquette and phone skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills; ability to be innovative and solution-oriented; ability to work under time constraints; knowledgeable in and ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
Sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices and the church’s hierarchy and protocols. Competent in computer programs and telephone handling, customer service driven, and self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to teach and lead groups (both adults and children).
Knowledge of Byzantine Chant and Music is preferred.
Master of Divinity, or similar
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Fr. R. Joseph Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org