Reporting to the Office of Administrative Affairs, Operations and Finance, the Events Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of College events and programs are executed professionally and successfully while promoting the College’s mission and objectives.
This position promotes collaboration among various departments to ensure that departmental and school goals and objectives for events and programs are identified and met.
- Manage, plan, and implement, campus events in coordination with faculty, staff, students, donors, and volunteers.
- Manage daily classroom space assignments to assure adequate seating and audiovisual needs are met.
- Understand the commitment to the institutional values and mission of Hellenic College and the ability to articulate and promote the institutional vision.
- Develop an event timeline/system with MarCom Manager to coordinate all affected campus offices, and effectively communicate externally through social media to assure that events are well promoted and run smoothly.
- Enlist and monitor external vendors for event supplies, travel, and promotional material.
- Coordinate and schedule campus venues.
- Maintain and update College’s master events calendar and provide read only access for faculty and staff.
- Be the key point person for visitors and guests.
- Respond promptly to all internal and external event related queries.
- This is a hands-on position. The incumbent must have the flexibility to work evenings and week-ends as required.
Summary of Duties:
- Meet regularly with department teams hosting events and evaluate and adapt events through communication with the evaluation team to integrate feedback into program development.
- Work with Senior Management and managers to ensure spending is in accordance with budgets.
- Produce event press releases, and cultivate new prospects and build donor relations.
- Maintain and manage the on-line registration system.
- Maintain campus wide booking system, and work with event owners to ensure space needs are met; Ensure that space is prepared and ready for event.
- Ensure effective cafeteria communication, set-up and ordering for on/off-campus events; Arrange for outside catering as required.
- Coordinate and prepare event materials and campus signage
- Recruit and maintain a team of student workers and volunteers to assign to events and projects as required.
- Responsible for coordination of travel arrangements and accommodations for local and international speakers and guests.
- Coordinate event audio/visual needs and ensure appropriate personnel are scheduled and assigned.
- Provide full accounting to the event sponsor and Finance department of event financial expenditures.
- Assure that events are evaluated by feedback from event host and event attendees through conversation, questionnaires, and on-line responses to continually improve event presentation and management.
- Assists with creating event-specific websites/pages, and ensures event information posted on HCHC website.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Punctual, reliable, quick thinking, proactive, and highly organized.
- Able to multi-task and work collaboratively; Deadline oriented.
- Strong client service and leadership skills; Ethical.
- Accountable and eager to learn; Good team player.
- Ability to be tactical and/or strategic.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3-5 years experience in institutional event planning.
- Experience in contract negotiations, vendor relations, and collaborative management.
- English required; Greek a plus.
Computer and Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required; Desktop publishing, Jenzabar database, and on-line content management preferred.
- Basic photography, video, audio, and internet skills required.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer. A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued.