FOCUS North America (Fellowship of Orthodox Christians United to Serve) is looking for an energetic and experienced fundraising and development professional to fill its current vacancy of Development Director. This full-time, salaried position with benefits will be based out of our Pittsburgh, PA, national headquarters, but remote work will be considered. Interested individuals should review the position summary below and then submit a cover letter and resume detailing interest and qualifications to email@example.com before May 15, 2021.
FOCUS North America is a national movement of Orthodox Christians, united in faith and joined by a desire to provide action-oriented and sustainable solutions to poverty in communities across America. FOCUS has operations and youth volunteer experiences in more than 50 cities in the United States.
All of FOCUS North America’s services are provided without discrimination of any kind. We do not require any faith commitment from anyone we help. We exist solely to transform the lives of the homeless and poor in America, moving them from dependency to self-sufficiency, by providing food, occupation, clothing, understanding and shelter. Our website is www.focusna.org.
The FOCUS North America Development Director is responsible for the overall management of resource cultivation and development for the ministries of FOCUS North America, including both financial and volunteer resources. This includes the engagement and stewardship of those individuals, households, parishes, and organizations that provide financial underwriting for all FOCUS’ initiatives and taking full responsibility for the cultivation of those relationships.
- Oversight of all resource/fundraising planning, and plan implementation of FOCUS North America;
- Oversight and leadership in the development of annual departmental goals as well as goals for individual Development Staff;
- Direct oversight and supervision of all National Office Development Staff, including, but not limited to, the Annual Gifts Manager, the Communication/Grants Manager, Data Analyst, and any interns/volunteers utilized by the Development Department;
- Liaison for National Office Development Department contract employees as well as the development/ review of contracts;
- Participation in the annual creation and implementation of annual revenue budget for National Development Department and support for the development of the overall FOCUS revenue budget.
- Serve as part of the Executive Leadership Team answering to the Executive Director, and Board of Directors, as requested;
- Stewardship of the FOCUS National Board of Directors Development Committee;
- Liaison with FOCUS Center/Program Directors in the creation/implementation of annual funding plans, inclusive of training and guidance;
- Serve as liaison with Bishops, parishes, and clergy for FOCUS questions and/or material requests;
- Direct implementation of all Major Gift Program Strategies, inclusive of management of major donor portfolios in cooperation/coordination with the FOCUS Executive Director.
- Direct implementation of all Planned Giving Strategies;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Office space available in Pittsburgh, remote work from home is acceptable; frequent domestic travel required; business attire required for external relations and meetings; work in multi-lingual communities
Education and Experience: 4-year degree with at least 5-years of experience in both annual and major gift development in a non-profit environment with a minimum of 3-years of experience in staff management preferred.
Technical Skills: Familiarity with changing technologies/databases and their connection to fundraising; familiarity with social service, non-profit structure and operations; ability to travel and speak publicly on a regular basis; ability to write technically; experience managing major gift portfolio management; social engagement and progressive management for fundraising; Microsoft Office suite; Donor Perfect.
Preferred Skills: Familiarity with the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church, its structure, and theology;
Other Requirements: Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen; valid Driver’s License without limits adversely affecting hours of service; ability to work with minimal supervision; access to domestic travel facilities (air, train).