Executive Director for the Treehouse in Wichita, Kansas
Title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for providing strategic leadership, establishing long-range goals, development of policies, and the day-to-day management of operations and staffing. The Executive Director will lead outreach efforts to expand the network of churches and community resources in support of the Treehouse mission. These outside resources will serve Treehouse families in various levels of need, including mental/physical health, financial health and family stability. The Executive Director will direct staff in referrals to these outside resources. The Executive Director is expected to serve as ambassador at large for The Treehouse and must demonstrate professional excellence and perform to The Treehouse standards of quality at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Development Director to establish an annual income development plan which represents broad opportunities for special event fundraising, donor prospecting, cultivation, retention, upgrading, acknowledgement and recognition.
- Evaluates the income growth potential of The Treehouse and develops appropriate strategies to ensure income stability and growth.
- Serves as the primary liaison to, motivator and manager of the Board in its fund raising responsibilities.
- Cultivates relationships with donors and financial supporters.
Community Involvement and Public Relations
- Provides the leadership, management and support for the development of mission driven programs.
- Serves as the primary staff spokesperson to promote the understanding of the organization's mission and presence in the community.
- Cultivates relationships with partner organizations to provide referral services for client needs that may be outside the scope of the Treehouse mission.
- Cultivates relationships with churches to support the Treehouse volunteer needs.
- Cultivates productive relationships with the media and various constituent and related groups including professional, educational and political leadership.
- Performs personnel management functions, including, but not limited to employment/termination, performance management, training, supervision, compensation changes.
- Oversees the efficient and effective operation of personnel and the facility in accordance with the policies and procedures established.
- Oversees the financial performance of the organization, and the development and adherence to an annual operating budget.
- Appraises operating results in terms of costs, approved budget compliance, operating policies, trends and increased net profit opportunities.
- Ensures and oversees the preparation of reports and other documentation as requested which present the progress and status of the plans and activities.
- Implements the approval process for all contracts, purchases and banking activities in accordance with organization operational policies and/or practices.
- Knowledge and skill in nonprofit management with emphasis on proven fund raising results
- Social Services or Social Work background preferred
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Ability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements
- Skilled in exercising sound judgment and must possess good analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven supervisory, leadership and team building skills
- Training and/or experience in community development and strategic planning
- Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressively responsible related experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity
To learn more and apply, email Ms. Tish Knappenberger at email@example.com
151 N. Volutsia • Wichita, Kansas
Business Hours: Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Posted on: October 12, 2021