The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA) is a religious not-for-profit organization. “The mission of the Archdiocese is to proclaim the Gospel of Christ, to teach and spread the Orthodox Christian Faith, to energize, cultivate, and guide the life of the Church in the United States of America according to the Orthodox Christian Faith and Tradition.” The Archdiocese has an operating budget of $22,000,000.
Summary Position Description
The Archdiocese hosts events of small to large scale that are held either in person or virtually and also manages special projects for its own benefit or others. Due to the breadth and scale of these events and projects, the Archdiocese is seeking an individual that can coordinate and manage them from the planning stage to completion.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Category Name and Description
% of time
Responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensue they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget; Plans, designates and monitors project resources; Coordinates projects that are aligned to stated priorities; Finds and coordinates vendors; Communicates appropriately with supervisor and key stakeholders along the way.
- Acts as a point of contact internally and externally;
Filters and prioritizes external and internal, phone, mail and email communications as needed - speaks on behalf of the executive as appropriate;
- Maintains comprehensive and acute records;
- Performs minor accounting duties;
- Organizes meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary.
- Maintains the executive calendar’marks appointments and prioritizes appointments.
Other Comments About this Position
Travel requirements: Y/N (maybe some local travel)
- Bachelor’s degree (administration major is a plus)
- 5+ years of executive experience
- 5+ years working within a religious organization is a plus
- Mature in approach
- Excellent communications skills (written online or not, verbal)
- Respectful and differential to clergy
- High level of customer service
- Proven organizational skills (prioritization, online document filing, projects etc.)
- Deliverables produced in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates flexible and adaptive behaviors, including in stressful situations
- Greek language, a plus
$65,000.00+ (determined by length and depth of experience). This position is also eligible for medical benefits and other packages.
Please provide resume and cover letter. Send to:
Ruth Sencio, Director of Human Resources – email@example.com
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
8 East 79th Street
New York, NY
Posted on: June 29, 2021