Effective Christian Ministry Cohort Coach
Department Mission Statement: To introduce young people to Christ and invite them to live out their relationship with the Lord in the Church.
Job Title: Effective Christian Ministry Cohort Coach
Number of Openings: 8
Position Reports To: Effective Christian Ministry Cohort Director
Type: Independent Contractor
Hours per week: 7 - 10 hours
Hourly Wage: $25.00 per hour
Duration: August 2021 - May 2022
Last Revised: June 1, 2021
To be able to clearly and concisely articulate the vision of the Department and apply that vision to all ministry work.
Provide encouragement, facilitate Cohort problem solving, and give support to an assigned Cohort of parish Teams participating in the ECM Cohort Training Program.
While additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the ECM Cohort Director, the following list represents the major tasks required of this position:
- Pray that our Lord Jesus Christ guide and bless this training program and participants.
- Be assigned to one Cohort (comprised of 3-5 parish Teams).
- Meet with ECM Coaches and Cohort Director weekly.
- Attend and participate in all Cohort training program events via Zoom.
- Review and offer feedback on bi-weekly Cohort homework.
- Provide 90 minutes of "office hours" for your Cohort via Zoom per month.
- Answer emails and phone calls related to your Cohort.
- Meet once per month with the entire Cohort (to be set by Coach).
- Meet once per month with each Team (to be set by Coach).
Must be available to work on the following dates:
- August 2021: Coach training (Coaches are expected to complete the "Effective Christian Ministry" online course in advance of this training).
- September 4, 2021: Summit 1 (All day online), ECM Cohort Training begins.
- December 4, 2021: Summit 2 (All day online).
- May 28, 2022: ECM Cohort Training concludes (All day online).
- October-November & January-April: Webinars 1st Tuesday of the month.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Commitment to Y2AM mission and core values.
- Formal Orthodox education is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with Orthodox youth and young adults.
- Completion and knowledge of the "Effective Christian Ministry" online course.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Professionalism and reliability.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate including the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and network environments. Mac preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two reference letters with their application to email@example.com
Effective Christian Ministry
A program of the Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (Y2AM)
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
8 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075
Posted on: June 08, 2021