Part Time Director of Youth, Young Adult, and Family Ministries
This Youth Director position at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church is for a part time staff person responsible for the continued development and implementation of a comprehensive program designed to meet the needs of our youth and adults. The Youth Director shall possess the administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties and carry out details, as well as the interpersonal, relational skills for working with young people and adults within the parish.
The program will address the spiritual, educational, emotional, and social needs of young people being nurtured in the Orthodox Christian Faith. Our goal is to offer a sound religious oriented foundation for our children that promote the Christian values of worship, fellowship, service, and witness.
The Youth Director will oversee the youth, young adult, and family activities of the Parish.
- Participate in the Liturgical and community life of the Parish.
- Assist with related Parish functions as deemed appropriate by the Priest.
- Meet with parents, in person or on phone, to communicate about the youth ministry calendar, volunteer needs, parental concerns and family involvement.
- Meet with Youth Advisors on a regular basis to discuss activities, meetings, and events. The Youth Director will oversee and work directly with the Youth Advisors.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support lay people in the various volunteer ministries of working with young people in the parish.
- Maintain regular communication with the youth and their families through the Sunday Bulletin, Monthly Newsletter, email, social media and personal communication.
- Maintain the youth section of the parish website Ministry Pages.
- Together with the Youth Advisors, develop a yearly calendar of youth & parish programs and events, as appropriate.
- Attend the Annual Youth Conference
Remuneration & Time Requirements
- Maximum 30 hours per week.
- Annual youth seminar/workshop/conference (travel/registration).
- 2 weeks PTO(paid time off)
- Travel Expectations: Jr. Olympics in Chicago
Accountability & Reporting
- The Parish Priest will supervise the work of the Youth Director.
- Meet with the Parish Priest on a regular basis to coordinate activities and training.
- Present a brief oral and written report at the Fall and Spring General Assembly meetings.
- Present monthly status reports to the Parish Council.
- Annual review
- Ability to teach and model the teachings of the Orthodox Christian faith
- A strong passion for connecting young people to Christ and His Church
- A practicing Orthodox Christian who attends Church services, has a Spiritual Father, and practices the Orthodox Christian way of life.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages
- Formal and informal youth education
- Ability to pass Archdiocese background check and drug testing
You can send an email with resume to Diane Sieckmann firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 314-966-2255 and 314-412-3476
Assumption Greek Orthodox Church
1755 Des Peres Rd.
Town & Country, MO 63131
Posted on: July 13, 2021