Director, Holy Transfiguration Retreat Center
The Northeast American Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (NEAD) is a registered not for profit organization, a New York Corporation (and registered in PA),and is currently seeking a Full Time Site Director (Program and Retreat Coordinator ) for the Holy Transfiguration Retreat Center (HTRC). This is a new ministry initiative of the Diocese, located in Dalton, PA. The Holy Transfiguration Retreat Center Site Director will have the following responsibilities:
Reports to: Diocesan Metropolitan
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and execute daily operations the HTRC facility.
- Assist diocesan council to manage operations and maintenance budget of HTRC
- Supervise event and other operations staff of HTRC.
- Work with Advisory Board and Diocesan Council to create plans for future expansion
- Work with Engineering Consultant to oversee maintenance and capital projects and associated construction and to assist diocesan council to manage expansion and other within approved budget.
- Develop and establish HTRC’s policies and procedures
- Track/maintain routine inspections and permits per city guidelines
Event Coordination and other requirements:
- The sales, planning, and execution of events at the center.
- Contacting and qualifying sales leads via congregational visits
- Giving tours of the center to interested parties
- Marketing/selling the venue via social media and other means of public advertising
- Creating contracts and proposals with vendors
- Scheduling and maintaining calendar of events
- Responding to daily phone and email communications/inquiries within a 24 hour period.
- Developing timelines/ layouts/ equipment lists/ rental needs, assisting
- Managing event setup and breakdown, and coordinating on-site event execution. (Including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Coordinate, schedule and execute all events of the NEAD at the HTRC facility through the year.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute year‐round other functions at the HTRC including; but not limited to; programming, rental retreats, and provide public/church relations in accordance with the mission of NEAD and HTRC.
- Outreach to NEAD churches to develop new retreat programs.
- Support the mission and vision of NEAD & HTRC and comply with applicable Federal, State, local laws as well as all applicable regulations.
- Attend weekly / regular staff team meetings.
- Work with the Ministry/Retreat Committee / leaders of NEAD to maintain and grow year‐round retreats the facility.
- At the direction of diocesan council recruit, hire, train, and supervise Year‐Round Ministry Team interns to manage events at HTRC.
- At the direction of diocesan council, select vendors for various services required to manage various events at HTRC.
- Work with Volunteers to manage various events at HTRC, when needed.
- Track contracts/deposits
- Provide monthly financial reports to Diocesan Secretary
- Communicate with retreat leaders and Retreat Hosts as needed
- Coordinate and Communicate with Food Service/Housekeeping team for retreat group needs.
- Oversee retreat setup/removal.
- Update and develop materials for retreat portions
- During retreats meet with leaders to book future retreats
- Make a sales pitch to retreat groups ‐ promote additional bookings unrelated to their current event
- Actively seek out retreat groups and follow up on all leads given for potential retreats.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed per the Diocesan Metropolitan and/or Secretary.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous hospitality / event coordination experience
- Minimum High School Degree (College Preferred) and 3 years professional work experience
- Summer is peak season for the center and could require extra hours/per week on occasion. Time off will be extremely limited during this season (May – August)
Limited Housing will be provided at the HTRC facility
This is a salaried position with possibility of extension.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience level.
No smoking, drinking, or pets allowed.
Job Type: Full-time