Day School Director
The Day School Director is responsible for the administration, development, and direction of the Day School programs. The Day School Director functions with a wide latitude of administrative and professional discretion under the Parish Priest and Parish Council and exercises immediate supervision over the part-time employees of the St. Nectarios Day School.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate of a four year college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five years teaching in a preschool program and/or two years of experience as director or assistant director of a reputable preschool program
• Knowledge of the Illinois Early Learning Standards, Creative Curriculum, Next Generation Science Standards, and surrounding district curriculums
• Must be certified in CPR and First Aid or be willing to attain certification
• Proficient computer skills
Know our mission statement and continuously educate our faculty and families on what it is and align all things around it: Our school philosophy emphasizes that children grow and learn best in an environment that provides "hands-on" discovery and experimentation through age-appropriate materials. We believe that children gain the greatest amount of constructive knowledge through direct exploring, problem solving, decision making, discovery, and play. At our school children will engage in symbolic play which allows a young child to express his or her thoughts and ideas, practice and rehearse new roles, and test out newly acquired knowledge and skills.
• Coordinate all programs held at the St. Nectarios Day School
• Oversee the daily needs of the programs at the Day School, all records, and marketing including social media and any advertisements for the school
• Assist the teaching staff with their monthly lesson plans, making sure that lesson plans are current and reflect the philosophy and mission statement of the St. Nectarios Day School and align with standards.
• Direct and prepare materials for student orientation, registration, and packets for each school year for parents and digital copies to be posted to websites and marketing
• Responsible for marketing and promotion of the Day School (preschool fairs and social media)
• Responsible for financial health of Day School (budget, payroll, supplies, fundraising)
• Submit materials for Day School programs for The Voice and Sunday bulletin production
• Open communication with parents and staff
• Attend Ministry Head meetings (may be outside of school hours).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONTINUED
• Follows church health and safety policy and procedures
• Maintain and oversee the Day School for security, cleanliness, safety, and maintenance and inform church office of any accidents, safety concerns, maintenance problems, or parent complaints
• Stay up to date with local and Metropolis safety guidelines and keep student families and faculty up to date when necessary.
• Work in cooperation with the Day School Parent Association (DSPA) to develop a connection between preschool and home by encouraging parent involvement through volunteer opportunities and financial support
• Carry out other duties as assigned by the Parish Priest and Parish Council
• Requires frequent, standing, bending, sitting, walking, reaching, kneeling
• Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
• Maintain a positive work environment with parents, staff, and church community.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and efforts of working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Compensation is $35,000-40,000. To apply you can send a resume to our office at Office@stnectariosgoc.org
Saint Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church
133 S. Roselle Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
Phone: (847) 358-5170
Fax: (847) 358-5193
Posted on: July 06, 2021