Coordinator of the Center for Academic Services
Hellenic College Holy Cross is seeking to appoint an experienced writing instructor as
Coordinator of its Center for Academic Services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas
- Tutoring students
- Hiring graduate students as writing tutors
- Training graduate student writing tutors and conducting weekly meetings
- Evaluating graduate student tutors’ performance
- Scheduling tutoring sessions
- Approving student timesheets
- Establishing key performance indicators and collecting data to evaluate the effectiveness of the Writing Center.
- Scheduling workshops
- Introducing the Writing Center at fall and spring orientations.
- Making recommendations for the improvement of the Writing Center
- Coordinating efforts with the head of the BEACON program for mainstreaming of those freshmen whose writing skills need strengthening.
- Selecting student tutors for subject tutoring; normally, tutors should be selected from among the graduate student population
- Training and evaluating performance of subject tutors
- Approving student timesheets
- Establishing key performance indicators and collecting data for the effectiveness of the tutoring services.
- Assisting students in accessing library databases by providing computer lab logins
- Coordinating with the library staff regarding library databases for student use
Learning Disability Services
- Complying with Assoc. of Higher Ed and Disabilities requirements
- Drafting appropriate student learning agreements and informing professors
- Working with Registrar to maintain correct records of accommodations
- Conferring with Housing Office to support student need
- Conferring with Office of Equity and Compliance regarding student needs
Hours: Part-time. The candidate must be willing to work on campus at Hellenic College up to 25 hours per week September through May; summer hours flexible.
- M.A. in English or related field
- Experience teaching writing or tutoring writing at the high school or college level
- Ability to organize and complete all of the assigned duties in a timely, creative, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of written Modern Greek is a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of English grammar and writing
- Ability to teach writing and studying skills
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students
- Ability to plan and lead workshops
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
HCHC offers competitive compensation, flexibility and a family friendly environment. Only local candidates will be considered.
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition.
For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued